1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

>>>>>>>>>>need info on AA and active wads<<<<<<<<<

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by birddog1964, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

does anybody have a formula or loaded red AA's,CCI209,longshot,active 1oz wads white, or do I need to sell the active wads and go with the 1/18 oz AA wads.

thanks
    lee

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

If a late AA HS, this Activ wad certainly wouldn't work, you might get by with load or two if they were CF AA's, but then you're using the wrong powder. Longshot is too slow for 1 oz, I guess unless you were reaching for 1600 fps----------not a suggestion, just a statement. Even 1 1/8 oz is questionable in efficiency while using Longshot, but it makes a dandy mustache puller at 1500 fps in a AA. And no, put the right wad and it won't "blow" the pattern.

I'd still suggest coming up with a different propellant, you don't state your purpose? Trap?? Oh and, Longshot loads are also really loud.

NOW, are those Activ wads L-29's, if so I'd sure be interested in purchasing them from you or trading you whatever wad you want.

3. birddog1964

birddog1964 TS Member

Texas Ton,

I have some L-29's and L33's a bag of each also have some new active 3" hulls and MEC steel shot wads. that I took in on trade. Can I assume that I can use WAA12 wads with the longshot and CCI, it's more for grouse,dove than trap.

4. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Yes, but if you'll follow the data, 1420 fps is the slowest they show with 1 1/8 oz, in a AA. You can play with that data center and different hulls, maybe there's one slower there.

The L29 is too long, too tall to come close to loading 1 1/8 oz in, and it's also for a straight walled hull. Not tapered like AA's and STS.

PM me if you're interested in a trade or sale.

5. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

PM returned with email address.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.