1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info on a beretta 682 gold

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tyrone Biggums, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

I have the opportunity to buy a 682 gold top single combo at a very good price. The top lever is centered when the o/u barrels are on and past center with the single. Can these guns be rebuilt? Is the top lever even a problem? The gun locks up tight and shoots great I'm just wondering if it needs a rebuild what would be replaced and a ballpark on the costs. Also would any 680 series stock fit or is it specific for the 682 gold? Thanks for any info you can give me.

2. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Yes They Can Be Rebuilt And IMO Dean Harris At Skeet's Gun Shop Is The Best & Least Expensive Around. Located in Tahlequah,Oklahoma Phone #918-456-4749 After 10:00 Am Central Time.Call and He will give You a Great Price. If I Remember there Are (2) Sizes Of Locking Lugs For The 680 series Beretta's. Dean Has Rebuilt 3 Or 4 680 series for me and Does a "Turn Key" Job.Great Guns And Are Worth Their Money. JMO. The "Gold" Is Just An up-graded 682. as Long as The Receiver width Is the same the Stock From A 680-682 Will Fit(Outside) measurement. There are standard frame 680 Series and Small Frame 682's. I AM SURE Someone On Here WILL Correct Me If I Made A "Mistake" Joe Whitehurst

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

It also seems that the locking mechanism on the Beretta 680 series guns does not tell the whole story based on the lever position, like it does with a Perazzi. The pins engage the holes in the monoblock. They are both tapered so as long as you have full engagement you have a solid lock. Yes the locking pins can be replaced by larger ones and the monoblock drilled to match the new locks in order to move the lever to the right. But I don't know that is really necessary for these guns.

One thing is for certain, you get one hell of a lot of bang for your buck on the 680 series guns. Good choice.

4. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

They are great guns and very cheap to maintain. I average 45,000 rounds per year through mine and have the springs and pins replaced for about $150.

Doc

5. Shawn

Shawn Member

Tyrone
    I shoot a 682 Gold. I had Phillip rebuild mine at the Grand a couple of years ago. I was very happy with the work. The gold was just another version of the 682 nothing fancy.

Most 680 series stocks would fit the gun.

Shawn

6. Tyrone Biggums

Tyrone Biggums Member

Shawn what was the cost for your rebuild and what did you have done? Did you replace the pins that engage the monoblock with larger ones? This gun has had the springs and firing pins replaced the only thing that seems to need attention is the top lever if it's even an issue.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

My son's 682 Gold Combo had a centered lever(s) the day it was put together, and still is.

8. Shawn

Shawn Member

Tyrone
    I don't recall the cost. It was done with an annual. Phillip explained everything he replaced but I have long since forgotten.

I had him replace an spring that broke at the Grand last year. An inertia spring I think. The gun wouldn't set the second shot for doubles.
    He chaged me $10 including the spring. I thought that was a heck of a deal.

I have his number around somewhere. He answers his cell phone and always makes time to talk.

Shawn

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Phillip's Phone # 210-313-5988 Joe W.

10. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

Shawn,
    $10 is a heck of a deal; the inertial spring is the second piece that goes into the receiver when the gun is built. This means that a complete tear-down of the receiver is required to get to the spring. I have had two replaced within the last year. Cole's charged $90 for one hour's labour and Beretta at the Grand charged $50. My decision, if it happens again, is to have the gun converted to a mechanical trigger.

According to Les, the Beretta Factory gunsmith who performs warranty work and worked on my 682 at The Grand, the hinge pins(trunnions)rarely need to be replaced; they are made of hardened steel. I removed mine(use an Allen wrench) and rotated them to distribute the wear--Les said "that is a waste of time...".

My 682 Gold E is a great gun and built like a tank. IMHO it is the best buy among the entry level high end guns.

Doc

11. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

A really good gun. The locking bolt and the hinge pins trunnions, are easily replaced and last much longer by not slamming it closed. GAP

12. billyboy07208

billyboy07208 Member

really hard to improve on a 682.you can put on a barrel weight if you want that heavy barrel feel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.