1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Info Ithaca 100 20 ga butt plate

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yvonne, Aug 25, 2013.

1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I'm bringing my 20 ga Ithaca 100 to my stock man on Thursday. It has a kick-eez on it and I want it removed and an Ithaca butt plate put back on. I borrowed an Ithaca 100 from a friend last year and went bird hunting with it. I got all my birds, first shot on all. The gun came up great and fit me perfectly. I bought one online and it came with a kick-eez....I can't hit the side of a barn with it. I re-borrowed my friends gun and see why! Can anyone tell me if this is what I'm looking for? If I can order it tonight or tomorrow morning, I can bring it to my stock man and have him take off the ick-eez and put this on: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ITHACA-GUN-FLUES-20-GAUGE-BUTT-PLATE-/110790330764?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19cb9e498c#ht_83wt_1041 I don't know what FLUES is???

2. vdt

vdt Active Member

call Ron Sharp 905-774 -6368 tell him Victor sent you

3. yvonne

I live in Massachusetts....My stock man is an hour away. He cuts and fits all my guns to me and does a great job. I'm looking for a butt plate to fit my Ithaca 100 20 ga SxS. If it has to be an aftermarket, that's fine. Just hoping to order it and get it to him when I drop the gun off. I took the kick-Eez off tonight. There were extra holes drilled for the Kick-Eez and the original holes plugged. Just hoping to order the RIGHT butt plate for the gun ASAP :)

4. trw

trw Member

Yvonne,

See if it is possible to borrow your friend's gun again & then measure the stock for the 'pitch' as well as the length of pull. Have yours fitted to the same EXACT dimensions.

As far as the pad on your present buttstock goes [assuming the same length of pull & pitch], I doubt it is a case for concern unless it is hanging up as you go to mount it. Big dif between premounted & being in the field when you see the bird frist, then mount the gun. If it is hanging up, you may be able to use some clear fingernail polish to reduce the friction or contact the maker & they may have a recomendation for something specific to their pad. Many sporty clays shooters use some sort of 'slick'um' to be sure their pad does not hangup as they mount the gun.

FWIW, I bought my bride a 20 bore Ithaca/SKB 100 when they first were introduced, a 25" bbl.'d IC & MOD. That was early 1970 something. She took a limit of dove w/it every time she went out w/it.

Best wishes w/getting yours set up correctly for you to enjoy afield. Also, you may be able to source a new [NOS] buttstock for one of those guns from someone, should it prove necessary. I doubt you need go there.

Kind regards, tw

edited: for spelin' & an adendum

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

http://vintagegungrips.net/itbu.html

Yvonne, check these out!

6. yvonne

I called vintage gun grips and they do not have one. I've tried calling Ron Sharp but I get no answer. I found a picture of what I'm looking for (in a 20ga)from NCO gun grips.....They only have 12 ga.

7. yvonne

Victor!!!! Ron Sharp came thru! He has one and I'm sending funds tomorrow ~ Thank you ~ MUCH appreciated!

8. yvonne

I got the original butt plate from SKB. It was easier dealing with them in American funds/credit card. I brought the gun to my stock man in Uxbridge, Ma ~ Al Monterotti and he cut the stock and put the butt plate on. Looks like it all came together wonderful. You'd never know the gun didn't come from the factory looking this good! Going to shoot it tomorrow to get ready for upland this fall. If anyone is looking for a kickeeze to fit a 20ga Ithaca 100, let me know. I have one and will never use it again. The "original" feels great!

Search tags for this page

butt plate for ithaca 100

ithaca 900 butt plate

standard length of pull on a ithaca 100 20 ga