1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info...Fort Walton Beach - Destin FL area

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by deercreek, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

Guys and Gals...I am hoping to find a fellow trapshooter that either lives around or has great knowledge of the Fort Walton Beach - Destin, FL areas. I am possibly interested in a very short (2-4 hours) gulf or bay fishing trip and need some info. Also if there are any clay target clubs in the close area. PM me if you wish not to post. Thanks in advance.....Bryan

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

For Florida clubs in that area try the link above.

Eric

3. deercreek

Thanks for that link but the closest on that site listed is 101 miles away, way too far for my short time there. Thanks anyway.

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

buy a copy of Florida Sportsman and get a list of the guides from the mag. You could also contact the mag. itself and get a list of guides from them that may be larger than that months issue. Good Luck with your fishing and break em all Jeff

5. deercreek

I do have a long list of outfitters/guides, but I am looking to find somebody with some "hands on" experience. I just do not want to get screwed over by somebody. I don't mind paying but I just want them to be honest, ethical with a good moral business attitude. So far I have not been able to find any reviews, ratings or such for what I am looking for.

6. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Perhaps asking at a local sporting goods store, Police Station, Firehouse or Chamber Of Commerece office would get you the inside info.

Eric

7. jrton80

jrton80 Member

I live in the Navarre, Florida area. As far as a place to shoot trap.....they are few and far between in NW Florida. The closest place to shoot trap is in Robertsdale, Alabama, Styx River Shooting complex. Hurlburt Field recently opened a Skeet Range between Hurlburt and Eglin about 2 years ago and is very nice place to shoot and very convenient to FWB. The only problem is that you have limited time and a shooter safety course is required to shoot there (about an hour) and you will need to contact a member to shoot there. If you would like to shoot Skeet, I may have a contact to shoot there with you. I can't really speak to the fishing industry on a personal basis and have no recommendations for you. Jeff Rickert

8. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Dearcreek, In that case I would google "The real Yellow Pages" and contact several "Bait shops" in the local area. Talk to them and see who they recomend as a local honest guide and cross check them against the list you have already have and contact them for a time and date in advance. Ask bait shops about target fish (what will be biting when you'll be there)for that area for that time of year. During the winter here on the east coast most snowbirds come down to target the sailfish. The west coast will be different. The local bait shops will stear you to a good guide, and help you avoid the others. What are you looking to catch and when is the biggest thing. The better guides like to specialize on just one type of fish, but will do all types!!! good luck and break em all Jeff

9. Kevin Fleming

Kevin Fleming Active Member

pm twotimer - he may be able to give you a contact for an inshore guide. Styx River and Gulf R&P (Port St Joe) are the 2 closest trap venues.

K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.