1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need info- Beretta UGB25

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flyngunslinger, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyngunslinger

flyngunslinger Member

What info can anyone give me on the Beretta UGB25? Good or Bad!

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

They are a very expensive auto, that has alot of moving parts. Alot of moving parts means more chances of break-downs down the road. I've shot them and they do shoot strait and are a nice show piece. Take one to the club and you will have shooters looking and talking about your gun. Some people like that. Break-em all. JEff

3. flyngunslinger

flyngunslinger Member

I have shoulder issues and am looking to lower recoil especially when shooting doubles. Saw a guy shooting one yesterday and I was impressed at how little recoil it was giving him.

4. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

My son shot a demo model at the Buckeye Classic shoot and had a real hard time with it - second shot failed to feed about every other round. When it did shoot, he liked it but found it far too unreliable to think about buying. I took a look at it and was shocked at the number of things moving when you break the action.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I shot about 300 rounds thru one (the sporting version) that a friend wanted to sell me. I had one failure to feed with Remington Nitro, was it a fluke or an ongoing problem....no idea. I dont think its recoils less than my Beretta 391 that I shoot for sporting, at least I cant feel the difference. I felt it was to complicated and fragile to use as my primary gun. If I were looking to reduce recoil to a minimum I would shoot a 391 with moderate loads or a break open gun with a recoil device (Bump Buster or G-Squared Shockmaster)and the same moderate loads.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Rube Goldberg.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I think you may be better off going a different direction. Nothing against the Beretta, as honestly, I've never even seen one, but there are other options out there that are more "tried and true" and may be the better choice in the long run.

For example, a Beretta 391 or 3901 Trap model, or Remington 1100 Trap model, fitted with a good, soft recoil pad, and one of Ken Rucker's "auto-buster" recoil reduction devices would give you a pretty reliable gun that ANY gunsmith can work on, and such light recoil you'll think you're shooting a 28 gauge.

Food for thought.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

It is a complicated solution to a non-existent problem...

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

They should have named it the "Obummer"

10. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They seem to be a love or hate gun. Most nay-sayers have never owned one. I'm keeping an open mind until I get a chance to shoot one at length. I think it is a very interesting gun that has a unique appeal.

ss

11. dshot

dshot Member

I have owned two of them, one trap and one sporting clays both very good guns,both shot very well,
    with light recoil, if you didn't have the second shell loaded the correct way, you would have feeding problems. I traded them, because of all the moving parts,looked like it could be a problem down the road.

12. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

What dshot said.

I am a big Beretta fan, my wife and I both shoot variances of the 391's in Trap and Sporting.

However, I tried one of the UBG25's at the California State Shoot 4 years ago, it shot well and soft, doubles went very well. I still really can not figure out how the second shell gets in the gun correctly, but it does.

When I really looked at the workings and movement of various actions in this gun, I felt it had way too many moving parts in hard to get at locations, plus I did not like the long through lever, on the left side, to get the gun open.

It is an engineering marvel.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Shot a demo gun at bunker trap. Its the only Auto Shotgun I would allow at bunker if I had the power, Shot about 10 birds. Only missed one. The only thing that bothered me is too many parts to break.

TB

14. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

OH, Since no one has said it. The gun was designed to be shot at international/bunker type trap where you must have a break-open shotgun to shoot the sport by the rules. Beretta placed it in american trap to off-set the costs and increase the market place for these shotguns. Tron can install a welded type pin in a standard 39l/390 beretta or other auto if you like to deflect the shells down. These pins will allow you to shoot doubles/ and or singles and not bother the shooter to your side as most auto loaders do. Tron is a regular on this site and easy to find if you like to go this route, but this may limit you to only one type of shell to be used!!! Light loads with a O/U with a PFS/ or other good recoil system will also do the job if your shoulder problem is long term. Best of Luck with your shooting and Break-em all. JEff

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

I don't think light loads are a problem . I shot 24GM bunker loads with it. No problems.

TB

16. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

I don't buy the "too many moving parts" theory. Usually it's articulated by an expert who saw/shot one once. I own one, and I have had one minor problem with it - like many other guns I've seen and/or owned.

It's a good gun that shoots straight. I have never had it fail to fire or fail to feed.

It also has a tendency to really smoke targets when you're on them. Maybe that's caused by chokes that are tighter than marked, and maybe it's inherent in the gun. I'm not saying it's more accurate than other guns, just that when I point it in exactly the right direction, I get an ink ball that none of my other guns create, even with a very tight choke.

It is a very good semi-auto for left handers (like me), because it throws spent shells down right in front of the shooter. So nothing whizzes by your nose or suddenly appears right in your line of vision. Also, the opening lever is very easy for a leftie to operate - in fact, I wonder sometimes if a leftie designed it.

For me, the gun turned out to be fairly heavy, but that may be because of all the adjustment hardware I screwed onto it, plus a very dense stock I had made. Putting the weight aside, it shoots just as well as any other gun I have, and better than many.

Try it - you might like it. I do.

Ted K.

17. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Buy two you'll need it. lol

18. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

I bought one new about 3 years ago. It was a fun gun to shoot and it really smoked targets for me, After about 400 rounds one of the multitude of small parts in the action got slammed into junk. Beretta fixed it with unusual competence. The deal breaker for me was after 2 years on the market no one had come up with a shell catcher for it. I ended up selling it for about a 700 loss. Bottom line, too fragile, too complicated for #1 gun. Rich

19. dss8110

dss8110 Member

I have shot one round of skeet with one.It is too much trouble and hard recoil.I bought the Winchester sx3 sporting shoots like a dream.I sold my 391 and going to sell a400.My Kemen and kreighoff sit in safe now.

20. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

I shot a demo model when they first hit the market and I really liked it a lot. It had great balance and handling, and very mannerly firing behavior. I save my hulls, and if I didn't my club requires them to be picked up off the ground. Chasing the hulls is the only thing that has stopped me from buying one.

It would seem that someone (or Beretta) could design a fabric "feed bag" type of shell catcher for it...

bluedsteel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
beretta ubg25

beretta ugb25

bretta ubg25 cost