1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need info and wtb 410 hulls

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Ifitfliesitdies, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

0   0   0

The best to reload are the Remington STS/Nitro, Winchester HS or Federal/Estate Hulls.

I might have some Federal/Estate with boxes that I can send to you. I'll check my shop on Tuesday if you're interested.

Tom

2. Bob_K

Bob_K Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The Winchester HS .410 are the current favorite hulls to reload. They have demonstrated the longest hull life. I like the STS hulls as they are easy to reload, but they do not last as long. I do not reload Federal hulls unless I got them free, and then they would be for practice only. I get too many "whistlers" with Federal. The two best powders to use are Hodgdon H110 and Alliant 410 powder. Their respective websites have load data. The best wad for the HS hull, by the way, is the Claybuster 5050-410 HS clone wad. It is better than the Winchester wad.

The best place to get hulls is to buy factory ammo and save the hulls. Once fired hulls in .410 command a high price, .18 - .25 a piece.

Rather than a Trapshooter site for .410 info, you might try the reload forum at shotgunworld.com.

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

deakin, Reloading the baby bore is abit tough at first to get used too. I like to load the Win. HS hulls only these days. I've tried the STS's and old style Win's and just like the extra life in the HS hulls. You also get to load from 1,200 fps to l,300 fps with no problems except that at the higher speeds you will get less life out of the hull. Do use the Hll0 or Win. 296 powder which is the exact same powder and seems to work the best with the lowest pressures which in turn help with extended hull life. Do use a scale and weigh both the powder and shot drops to get them very, very close so everything fits in the hull corectly. This is very important in the baby bore loading as there is no extra room. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

0   0   0

A good basic rule to follow when loading the 410 is when loading a AA use a Winchester wad, and when loading an STS use a Remington wad. 296 is the powder of choice. HMB

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

HS6 is NOT a .410 powder!

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

deakin, HS-6 is a good 20/28 gauage powder and is a pure shotgun powder with a nitro base. A 410 powder is NOT a shotgun powder EVER. It is a pistol based powder used for 357 mags. and 44 mags. The 28 and 410 powders are NOT to be mixed at all ever!!! Get some Hll0/ Win. 296 and your good to go. If you want to use Alliants powder you could buy some "Alliant 410" if you perfer to buy american. Good luck and load safe. Break-em all. Jeff

7. Mismost

Mismost TS Member

0   0   0

410 hulls can be hard to come by. I've found the best way to get them is to simply buy and flat and save the hulls. I hear the best hull life comes from the 110 powder, but I use 410 powder simply because I got a good deal on a 8 pounder jug.

I know you don't have a gun yet, but when you get one, go to the pattern board. I have found tighter chokes, a little hotter load, and 8.5 shot prints the best patterns with my equipment. Don't be surprised if your mileage varies....the 410 is a picky little bugger. But at 800 rounds per bag of shot, you get lots of bangs for buck.

Nothing makes you happier than shooting well with a 410!

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Don't leave out 4227 as a 410 powder..I got a bunch some 20 years ago.. and still using it..When it runs out.. my 8 pounds of 296 awaits me..

9. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

0   0   0

Weigh your shot. A few pellets will make a difference in your crimp. I have found a single stage mec with an adjustable charge bar works the best for me.

I have had good luck with the MEC 9000 also. I have owned a PW 800+

When shooting.... be ready to say some bad words.... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.