1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Indiana State Shoot Hotel Recommendations!?!?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by pullbangloss, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Well I stayed at the Red Roof Inn last year and had to say I was disapointed. If I can't find another reasonably priced hotel I'm probably staying home. Anyone have any suggestions? Something within 20 miles of the club would be best. As always, thanks in advace.

Matt Ski

2. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

pullbangloss,

I love Embassy Suites Hotels. This one is within 20 miles. The traffic can be a bit nasty during rush hour, but Indy is still a little city and bad, bad, bad, conjestion means it takes you 30 minutes to get to the hotel from the Indiana Gun Club.

Embassy Suites have a full hot made-to-order breakfast to include omlets, etc. YOu pick out the ingredients and they cook it for you. THis cost is included with the lodging price. Of course it is always nice to tip the cook . . .

In the evening, there is a manager's hour with complimentary beverages and snacks. Some Embassy Suites I have stayed in this means the manager's hour snacks consists of pretzels and dip with maybe some meatballs, etc.

while I have enjoyed wings, sandwichs, etc. at other ones. Regardless there are some very good steak houses and other rest. in the immediate vicinity of this embassy suites and in the Castleton area which is near the Indiana Gun Club.

As I live in central Indiana I have never stayed at this embassy suites, but I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

You get what you pay for when it comes to hotel lodging. Try and use your NRA card, you should save 15%. As with all hotels, the hotels only set aside X number of rooms for various discounts, i.e., NRA, AARP, Military, Govt., other group discounts, etc. So the earlier the reservation the better chance of getting a discounted room.

Pay the extra cash and totally relax on your vacation, the atmosphere is excellent. Of course there are nicer hotels, but then I can't afford to stay at those. LOL

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

O.K. I checked the link after I posted and saw that it was to long and thus a error comes up.

Google Embassy Suites North Indianapolis and you should click on the results for the Embassy Suites located at:

Embassy Suites Indianapolis - North
    3912 Vincennes Road, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States 46268
    Tel: 1-317-872-7700 Fax: 1-317-872-2974

Then click on tour this hotel. Look at the food table, yum. Nice pool, makes me want to sell the house and live there.

4. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

check the greenfield area for motels there are several there and the drive to and from the club gets you away from all the conjestion o I69 and the castleton area.

5. leadspreader

leadspreader TS Member

here is a link for greenfield for hotels,motels and anything else you want to know.

6. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Hey Rocket Scientist!!!! E-mail me...We'll work something out with that...Strabavy

7. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

There is construction on the West side this summer. I465 and 56th street, 38th street as well as Rockville Road interchanges are affected.

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Tom,

You got mail!

Matt Ski

9. rtclark21

rtclark21 Member

There are a host of different hotels / restaurants available at the I-69 and 96th street exit. This puts you about 15-20 minutes away from the Gun Club without all the hassle of a longer commute. If you need more info, drop me a line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.