1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need identity varification

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by deakin, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deakin

deakin Member

0   0   0

Need some help. Anyone out there know a Lenny Chiddster?

2. clayscoach

clayscoach Member

0   0   0

He contacted me and tried to sell me a DT10 barrel. He says he is in Texas and is using a phone number from the UK 44 prefix. Why would you want to use an international phone number if you are in Texas?? I tried to get him to send me a discription of the barrel and just got the run around. I would be VERY CARIFUL dealing with this guy. I think he is a scammer!!!!!

3. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

He also replied to my "wanted to buy browning barrels". Showed me pics after several emails but not the barrels I asked for. Wanted a phone number to call him he replied he couldnt afford one due to wife having heart surgery and can I just trust him to do the transaction. I replied back to him "nice scam and nice try". Then he replied back with that uk phone number. Then I replied back for him to call me and would he send me the barrels and trust that I would pay him. No further emails. SCAM>>SCAM>>
    Chris

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

You guys are so paranoid. I'm sure he is on the up and up. He probably just has to wait until his cousin in Nigeria sends him the barrels. Have some faith in your fellow man.

LOL

5. deakin

deakin Member

0   0   0

Same deal here. Trying to purchase my MX 8 with a certified check. I told him to send it and wait 2 weeks but to send along his FFL. He doesn't need an FFL as he will send over his gun dealer. I am in the Panhandle of Tx and his dealer was as he put it in TX Tomball. Only problem with that he would be about 10 hrs from here.

Thought at first he was just mentally challenged but just about what I figured. He sure went to a lot of trouble dropping x's and all. Oh well no harm no foul.

6. grunt

grunt Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Like they said this is a scam. Be careful...

7. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

Scammer!!! Read the above posts in the top section: Alert, Alert, Possible Scammer.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0

NOt to worry. I have an enforcer in Tomball TX. (really)

9. Carmen

Carmen Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Strange Bird, e-mailed me last night wanted to buy my Seitz stock. Think he needs to find another way to make a living, not to good at scamming.

10. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

This guy?

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

It's a scam, plain and simple.

12. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I'd like to find this POS. This a great site with lots of good people. All it takes is a few criminals to show up and wreck everyones confidence.... Probable one of these moonbat kids sitting in a tent at "Occupy Wall Street"
    Does he realize that everyone here has Guns?

13. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

It's pretty easy to spot a scammer. Ask them if they will ship through a ffl dealer even for non guns. If they balk only accept Pay pal. If your dealing with an actual FFL holder they can't take any chances with there liscence and your assured that their on the up and up.
    Joe

If their unwilling to provide a physical address that you can verify than pass as well.

14. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I got his email also. Offering to sell me an Ithaca 100!

15. deakin

deakin Member

0   0   0

Yea he is a piece. How can we set up our ad to stop the bums from taking our email and wasting our time?

Tried the xx's and this works on craigslist but this guy has nothing to do but crap on the site.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize this is a joke just wasted my time.

16. Dick98813

Dick98813 TS Member

0   0   0

Wanted to sell a K80 reciever for $160, goggled the address he wanted me to send the money to and was a condo in trust owned by some people named Worden, when I said I would send the money by Paypal to be released when I got the reciever, he got mad and wanted money by western Union. Told him to take it or leave it. He said he would sell to someone else. Not my choice of business people.

17. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Offered me a 20ga 1100 magnum for $830, last night.

18. one1bird

one1bird TS Member

0   0   0

I be soo sarry you no trust me I just want too by or sell what you vant U send too me and I send money quick quick U see mee reel honnest guy U want buy I got what you look 4 just send me western Union 1st then no worries I can mail direct to you no FFL middleman U bee very happy if <I mean when> package arrive
    and for those that are interested
    bottom of the 9th scammers 0 texas 10
    the names have been changed to protect the guilty

19. headhunter

headhunter Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

That's funny Sh*t...

20. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Guys - I think we have this one wrong??? I told Lenny I was going to pass on his gun, as I bought another one cheaper. He emailed me back & asked "if I was getting scammed".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.