1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need hotel/motel etc near sparta/advice

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

just booked by flight and car. aug 14 to 18. need help or advice on room. etc.

2. GoldWing

GoldWing TS Member

I just booked a room in Perryville, Mo. last week at Comfort Inn. I think it's about 35 miles from Sparta. I canceled my room in Carbondale, Il. Be careful of the fine print when you book online - they charged me a $25 cancellation fee at Days Inn! Good luck, I had to do alot of searching last week to find a room.

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

smsnyder -

Where are you flying to? If St. Louis, there are plenty of hotels along I-64 in the towns of Fairview Heights, O'Fallon, Collinsville that will have rooms (at least they did last year). It's about a 45 minute ride to the WSRC from there, but the traffic is light and it's not a bad ride at all (speaking from experience, that's where I stayed last year and will be again this year). There are also plenty of places to eat in that area.

Scott

4. smsnyder

thank you very much guys.

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

There is a NEW Super 8 hotel in Waterloo IL about 30 Miles from Sparta, Waterloo has plenty of chain and local resturants.

Ronbo

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I just called and it is completely booked for the nights of August 14th through the 17th.

Thanks anyway.....still looking.......

Hauxfan!

7. smsnyder

whats better area waterlooo or o Fallen il.

8. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I was going to recommend that you call Mike at the Kaskaskia River Motel, but I just called him and he says he's been full for the Grand since JANUARY.

He's a good guy...glad his motel is up and running well.

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

recurvyarcher

I can vouch for that because I stayed there last fall for the team shoot and he was top notched also was nice to hear him say he was taking his 2 young kids to a hockey game in St.Louis and also to a cub scout meeting and then some sort of festival that week end he also gave me his personal cell number if I needed anything Keep in mind he is no chain out fit just a country boy doing buisness the old fashioned way.

I know he was aiming to have a few camp spots fixed up for campers don't know if he got to finish them yet or not.

I would be dissapointed if he wasn't sold out but im glad he is even though I won't be able to get a room there this year.

Foghorn220

10. smsnyder

i have a tentitive rooms book in perryville mo. but would like to stay closer to sparta. i am flying into st louis and renting a car.

11. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Holiday Inn express, Bestwestern. Sparta IL must go to their websites as they are not listed on expedia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.