1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help_ Browning Unsingle owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mikkeeh, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

Just purchased from GU a XT unsingle. My problem is with the adjustor for the front of the rib. It consists of a knurled wheel with a threaded rod attached...and goes into a support blade on the top of the barrel. This thing does nothing at all. It doesn't actually "thread" into anything. It will merely drop into the hole in the support blade. It appears I might be missing something. I called GU, they were no help except to give me Brownings cust ser #. They were worthless! Anyway, I cant even find a schematic to see if I have something missing. I hate to have to send it to Browning for repair unless absolutely necessary. Any help appreciated.

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Good advice.....call Browning Customer Service & they will not only help you but send you detailed info on adjusting the rib that wasn't included with the gun......Why it wasn't I can't tell you but I speak from experience with mine.

3. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

I did call Browning customer service.....spoke to a fella in technical dept. He read to me from the manual how to adjust the rib. I told him I read that.....and needed info on "how" it was assembled and supposed to work. He told me he didnt know anything about that, and if I didnt think it was correct...to send it in. I asked to speak to someone else...who might know the product better. He said....."best I can tell you is send it in to us."

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I was going to mention you would be better off not sending it to Browning. Between them and Beretta it is a toss up on who has the worst CS. In some cases a 6 month turn around at best.

5. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

Should be other XT un singles around where you shoot, put em side by side and see what the difference is. GaryL.

6. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

7. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

I have an XT unsingle and have adjusted the rib. The front screw has very fine threads. I moved mine 18 clicks and it barely moved the rib. It may be that there is nothing wrong and you are not seeing the adjustment being made.

You might want to check this, it may or may not be your problem. Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dynokic schemetic