1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Single Shooter, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

I have a Beretta 303. It will not eject the shell. i have cleaned the gun very good. iv tried multiple different types of shells...winchester, federal, remington.... and so on, and it will still not eject. im thinking about taking it in to get it looked at but i dont want to give up 30 bucks for a small problem. I think something just has to be ajusted in the gun for the ejection but im not sure. if any ideas please comment.

ZACH

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Zach- Are you using discount shells with steel heads or premium shells with brass heads?

Pat Ireland

3. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Is it a 2 3/4" or 3" chambered barrel??

4. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

its a 3" chamber and iv used federal, remington, and winchester, shells and they will not eject

5. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

Assuming it ejected shells well in the past, Have you cleaned the two gas ports in the barrell? Taken a wire brush to both surfaces of the gas relief ports. The spring may be weak and allowing too much gas to escape. Cole sells springs of different strengths.
    After cleaning the gun well I shoot my auto's wet with break free(clp).

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I will assume that you are trying to shoot 2 3/4" shells from a 3" chambered barrel. You can either get a 2 3/4" chambered barrel or open up (I hate seeing this) the gas ports so it will eject the lighter 2 3/4" shells.

The 303 doesn't have a gas compensation system like the 390 or 391, so the 3" chambered barrel allows much less gas into the cylinder to cycle the action.

7. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

The 303 I had was very touchy on lube, not too little, not too much.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Is the action opening all the way up and the empty is laying in the open port?

Or is just opening and closing on the fired shell?

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.