1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 4EVRYOUNG, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I am wanting to find a video camera to record my shooting. I have been to a Kiner clinic and I think the video evidence is what I need.

I have shot decent with this gun and stock set up since I got it and this year it's like I have never shot before, but I think the video would help.

I have new glasses on the way be here next week.

I have went from high 96 average to lucky to break a 90 and that is from 16 my Handi cap scores what few I have shot are near 70 on a good day. Yes I am on the fence but I did shoot two winning scores from there last year and no I am not staying there to shoot with friends most my friends are short to mid yardage.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Have you made any changes to your gun or ammo lately? HMB

3. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We went to Best Buy and found a very small, light weight video camera that has a long run time and battery life. VERY easy to use and only about $200. They had a very good selection, just tell the clerk what you want to use it for and they can advise you.

4. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Thank Karla I think I will try that.
    HMB, No everything is the same, I lost some weight but I have most that back.
    I so disgusted that is scary.
    Karla, Leo have any one day clinics somewhere near Nebraska?

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Sounds like you might have a vision problem and are crossfiring. HMB

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yep.

gw22_2008_030379.jpg

7. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

That is the one thing I have been thinking and my new prescript would indicate that my left eye is stronger currently needs less correction, I am starting to wear my patch in the evenings again and with some video maybe I don't have to quit.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

Good tips all, but I'll add these:

1. Have you patterned your gun?

2. They now make small video cameras that clip right on the bill of your hat. I know some action pistol shooters who use them.

9. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I tried a small camera that had a handle Bar mount that strapped perfectly on my Ou but the target gets to far away to see the shot. The movement on the camera doesn't show a Z like crossfiring but who knows, Camera shopping this week end then shoot some targets in the yard and try and figure it out. If it doesn't work I have my stuff mostly spoken for so Maybe there is a boat in my future.

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When everything looks good when you pull the trigger and the target does not break is a clue that you are cross firing. Shoot some targets with one eye and see if the problem goes away. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.