1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Drumplayer26, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumplayer26

Drumplayer26 TS Member

I am having trouble pulling the trigger too fast and anticipating the bird is there anything i can do to stop this

2. too fast

too fast TS Member

Look what my thread name is,I'd be a great one to offer you "HELP"

I'll be checking your thread. Good luck

Jim

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Have a friend pull a few rounds for you but do not call for the target yourself. Let them throw it whenever they want to. And have them vary the timing on their pulls. You can't anticipate what you do not call for. How can you make an early move to a target you do not know when will be thrown? John

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

While you're at John's exercise, also try having your buddy pull to your call or not pull to your call. This will demonstrate how you are moving the gun in anticipation of an expected bird. A few dozen "no-birds" will make you wait till the bird is there and you can make a sensible move to it....Bob Dodd

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Lower your arms under the gun more- this will give you better visability- I know it is a tradeoff

concentrate on seeing the bird-- if your arms are under the gun that will be easier

move to the bird- two mental keys

1. Soft focus to see target

2. Move to the bird

regards from Iowa

Gene

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

This helped me a bit. Call for bird and before you even try to move say out loud. I see you. Then make your move to the bird. Another little thing I have done when I get a little trigger quick. Place my finger as far forward in the trigger gard as possible then slap the trigger. Best by far is some random slow pulling, you will look silly moveing and shooting before the bird come out. Do that a few times you will train your brain to see the bird before you shoot.

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Forty years ago trigger timing was a major discussion topic among the top shooters. Today it remains a problem but is rarely discussed.

First, good trigger timing is something that must happen automatically when your eyes clearly see the target and your body has moved the gun to where your eyes are looking. Absolutely do not try to put the front sight on the bird and pull the trigger. Trust your eyes and gun. Look at the bird and move your body with some aggression and the rest just seems to happen. Poor trigger timing is typically associated with not seeing the bird as it leaves the house or a poor body movement to the bird.

Now for a complication. If you think too much about looking at the bird, you will lift up your head so you can see it even better. All of us know what happens then.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.