1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with unsolicited credit card calls

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe O, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe O

Joe O Member

I think this was covered here once before. Everyday I get a call to try to get me to refinance my credit card debt. I am on the "do not call list" but somehow they have my phone # and won't quite calling. As soon as you mention that you want to be removed from the list they hang up. What is the trick to get them to quit calling?
    Joe O

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

If you use Verizon Wireless, they have a call and text-blocking feature you can use.

Ed

3. oz

oz Active Member

I turned the ringer off on the phone. The caller comes up on my TV. If I want to anwer, I do.

4. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

National Do Not Call Registry....................1-888-382-1222

I have all my phones registered for this, but a few still got thru for the credit card scam.

I called our State officials, and complained, but they said they were unable to trace the source of the calls since it was channeled through so many routers, and false companies.

Most have stopped, but you realize that politicians and the various police forces have exempted themselves so they can still solicit you for donations!

Some people think they are above the law.

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Get rid of your land line!

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Shannon..........some are dialing cell phones....I google the numbers but all that comes up is people complaining about that number calling them also.

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

The phones that I bought have a feature called. Call Block when the number comes in I push one button and the number is added to the block list.

I don't have a problem with credit companies using my phones to drum up business any more.

Bob Lawless

8. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Ivanhoe, are you talking landline phones, if so where do I get one?
    Brand name?

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Yes, mine is a Panasonic, I bought it at BJ's Wholesale Clubs. I see them at Sam's clubs and Walmart. They come with 1 thru 6 handsets. The newer models even have bluetooth that allows you to connect to your Cell Phone.

Bob Lawless

10. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Thanks Bob, your the BEST

11. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

When you call that number listed above, it will take about 2 weeks for it to take effect. That has been my experience. We do it once a year on our phones. OK, let the bashing begin. Charlie

12. Joe O

Joe O Member

Thanks for the ideas, it is my cell phone. I called Verizon and they have a call blocking feature I'm going to give a try. Thanks again everyone.
    Joe O

13. momma91304

momma91304 TS Member

I have gotten so many calls on my cell phone from "Credit Card Services" I am ready to scream. I report them on the National Do Not Call Registry and block them on my Verizon cell website. It doesn't help. I have logged 20 different phone numbers they are using since December. This has to stop.
    David's Mom

14. momma91304

momma91304 TS Member

By the way, Verizon only allows you to block 5 phone numbers for 90 days. If you need to do more, there is a charge.

15. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Those people are constantly changing their numbers. I have been on the do not call list for home and cell for over a year and get at least 2 calls a day. They do not care about the law. I also get calls wanting to fix me up with a free home security system.

I usually just hang up but if I'm not doing anything important I take the call and lead them on until they hang up. My record is 7 minutes.

16. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

These scumbags use phone numbers that are untraceable such as 000-000-0000 and others. When they ask you to "push # 1" to speak to a representative I do that. When they answer, I give them a lot of 4 leter words usually starting with the letter F and tell them to remove my phone number from their list. Yes, they also call my cell, but it's starting to work. Larry

17. cnsane

cnsane Member

I used to hit 3 to cancel any more calls, but that just told them I had a working number. Now I whistle a noise like a Fax machine and I never get a repeat call.

18. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Just tell them that it will make your present card company happy that you can refinance because you are going thru bankruptcy and were not going to be able to pay them.

They usually can't hang up fast enough. If they don't just stall them and keep them on the line as long as possible,it wastes their time, and at least gives me some satisfaction.

19. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Tell them you are going to find them first and tap dance on their desk then rip their head off and shit down their throat!!!

20. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

YIKES!!!!!!

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.