1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with SUPER-X Mod.1 Dates of production

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pheasantsgalore, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Hoping some fan of Super-X Model 1 shotguns out there can help me. I know that this model went thru some improvements over the short life in production. I have come across a new trap model, in the Serial # 83XXX range, in mint condition, with chromed magazine tube, imp. mod. choke, and rib is minus the screw at front of muzzle end. I believe this to be a late model, but can someone help me with some info on this late model auto.How many were made, does this have the better trigger, etc. ??????? I cannot find any dates of manufacture or any info as to how many were produced. But this gun is unmolested and in mint condition, with nice wood. A definate safe queen. Any help would be appreciated. Seller is asking $500.00 for this gun. Thanks,.................Rob

2. finger

finger TS Member

Buy it! There were about 90,000 made in total. Exact number is not known. Its impossible to date it from the serial number exactly. SX-1 were not built nor issued to retail stores in consecutive order. Could well be a last year receiver, or even a put together from parts on hand gun toward the end of the run. Does not really matter. It should have a stage 3 trigger if all parts are original to the gun. $500 is a very good price if gun is in the condition you describe. If you don't like shooting it you should be able to make a profit on it. Oh by the way make sure you change the bolt buffer before you shoot it. They deteriorate with age and its good $20 insurance to replace it before using the gun. A new recoil spring is also a good idea every few years.

If you do a search of TS.com for SuperX-1 you will find more answers than you have questions for. Lots has been written here about the best gas gun ever produced. Enjoy it! bob finger

3. pheasantsgalore

Bob, Thanks for the info. I did try to do a search on internet but could not find specifics, such as a 3 stage trigger you mentioned. It is a very late gun, looks like it just came out of factory. Very pretty wood too. guess I better buy it. I used to own one, but older, and had the screw in rib at muzzle. I thought it was interesting it also has an Imp. Mod. factory choke. Inside of barrel shines like a new silver dollar. Is Nu-Line your source for the replacement buffer, and other parts? Thanks again...........Rob

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Did the factory ever go with a chromed mag tube??

Regardless, give me the persons name and I'll check it out closer... ;-)

Wright's is also a good source for parts.

Jim

5. sx1skeet

sx1skeet TS Member

Does your gun have engraving? Yes the factory did crome tubes on there late target guns. If you do not want it I will buy it. I'm putting to gether ser #'s and trying to find out when they quit engraving the target guns mine is 88,400. Any help would be great.

6. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Rob, I will give you $600 CDN for it (LOL). Above is a link to an owner's manual for the SX-1. Bill Malcolm

7. pheasantsgalore

Bill,............How the heck are you doing??!! Hope all is well. Thanks for the link to the owners' manual. This Super-X does have the standard factory scroll work on both sides of receiver, not "engraved". I'm trying to understand when this gun was discontinued. I think I know why. Too expensive to make and could not compete with the 1100 for sales due to costs of manufacturing.
    thats my guess........Rob

8. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Does your's have a gold trigger and monte carlo stock? I purchased one last April (new in box) It was full choke, plain receiver, absolutely beautiful wood on monte carlo stock and gold trigger,no screw on front of rib. SN 889XX. Was going to shoot it, but decided it was too nice to shoot and sold it to someone who would appreciate it more than myself. Buy the gun for the asking price. I paid a lot more than that for the one I had and sold it for considerbly more. Enjoy. Steve

9. Beretta687EELL

Things are going as well as can be expected. I'm shooting poorly in the Silver and saw Cy the other day. There is also an article written a few years ago about the Super X-1 and its history. I have it saved on my old computer. If I can get it running, I will send you a copy. Bill Malcolm

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Steve Fischer has an excellent article from Clay Shooting USA. Click on the link. Look for Nov./Dec. 2002, Myth or Magic. I would get a Wrights buffer. Wrights, Nu-Line, Numrich, and Midwest Gun Works have parts. Lots of Super X-1 fans on this site. As stated above, do a search on this site. Wayne

11. Beretta687EELL

Wayneo has the article I was talking about, which I made a direct link to above. Bill Malcolm

12. pheasantsgalore

AAtrap.............This one did not have the gold trigger, just blued, but exceptional wood, monte carlo stock, typical scroll work on both sides of receiver. As I mentioned, this gun looks like it was fired but was very well taken care of. Just not a mark anywhere. I've seen several over past few years, all have had some work done on them, but am looking forward to trying this one at the range very soon after I replace buffer...........Rob

13. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Best autos ever made, hands down.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

myth or magic article from clay shooting usa by steve fischer

steve fischer myth or majic