1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help with new K 80 Trap Special

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by zoom, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoom

zoom TS Member

Bought new K80 Trap Special from a out of state dealer.It looked good but couldn't shoot as it would become uesd and not returnable. I kept it and when to the club and shoot it well for the first time out. Came back home with my face herting.Moved the comb over and up and shot it again..and my Face under my right eye and cheek bone still herts. I didn't feel it slap me when shooting but home it feels like a minor tooth ache. Please can you,the readers offer some help I would be Most Greatful........Thank you.

Bill C.

2. zoom

zoom TS Member

up>

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

You need to see a GOOD stock fitter. It will make a difference. Jake

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

You could try a soft comb.
    Don

5. zoom

zoom TS Member

Jake who would you suggest.
    B C

6. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

It depends on your budget. The easiest fix is to send off your adjustable comb to someone like Jack West,( last phone # I had for him in Oregon was 541-454-2805 ) and have your comb made into a soft comb.

Pat McCarthy at Dawson Enterprises make a really nice stock for these guns that you need to go to Dawson's web site to see, but the cost is around $4,000.00 Their web site is www.dawsonent.com

I have just purchased the same gun as a combo with top single, no choke tubes. Is yours top or unsingle? Mine is getting release triggers at Allem's Guncraft and the barrels have been sent to Wilkinson's. I have only seen the gun in pictures, expect it to be delivered to me around the end of May.

Tom Strunk

7. zoom

zoom TS Member

Tom...I have a unsingle combo with factory adjustable comb pull triggers all around. My LOP my be (1/2") longer on the TS. My other guns are 14 1/8" and the TS is 14 3/4"s Could that be doing it ??
    Thanks
    BC

8. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Zoom, were r u located??
    Don

9. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

The stock is probably too long, the pitch is probably wrong and the recoil pad is probably the wrong design for you. I fought this for years being left handed. Go see a stock fitter. Hope this helps, Roy

10. zoom

zoom TS Member

Don.....New Jersey

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Oh ok I was going to volunteer to help but I am in Ohio.
    Don

12. zoom

zoom TS Member

Roy......Yes I think the stock is too long and I do not like the K Gun pads.
    I also noticed that the K gun comes in at (9 Lbs) and my other guns at (9 1/2 lbs)

Thanks
    Bill C

13. zoom

zoom TS Member

Thanks Don.......That was very kind of you
    Bill C

14. antidote

antidote TS Member

What do you expect?? Gun with a ton of drop at the heel are suppose to kick upward..I think they call it "laws of physics".. The straighter the stock the better. Also, use spell check on your next post.

15. bigben

bigben Active Member

Bill, take off the stock pad which is of very high quality but very rough on shoulders and recoil due to the concave nature of the pad profile, install a straight pad or a rocker pad that's more convex,then if need be place a washer or two on the top screw between the pad and stock, experiment a little, it will really help your face and shoulder. incinerate em!

16. zoom

zoom TS Member

Sorry Antidote....I only have my right eye lost the left and some times don't catch the spelling mistakes. Did I spell this post ok. you jack ass ?

17. zoom

zoom TS Member

Thanks Bigben...All the ideas that have been posted are sound.I'll try them out one by one and get this thing to shoot.Thanks to all well almost all for being so kind.

All the best
    Bill C.

18. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

HURT HURT HURT HURT HURT NOT I SAY AGAIN NOT HERT HERT HERT

19. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

Sounds to me that your stock is for a leftie with that bad of bruising, it happened to a buddy of mine from PA, i wound up selling the wood and barrels for him, you may be able to have the stock bent to your specs if it is wrong, Tom Nowak.

20. zoom

zoom TS Member

Thanks again to all. I'm going to meet with Ed Y. The Stock Doc at the club and see where we go. The gun came fron Hi Grade in PA. I here that Chris at Clay Target Sports in NJ is not to open to help fit a gun that he did not sell.I'm sure the stock is for a right handed shooter as far as cast I'm not sure.I hope all I need is to have the stock cut and a new pad added. If I have to go for another $2000 or 3000. on a stock the gun is history.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.