1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with my trigger on TM1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Need you experts help. I have a release trigger in my TM1 and while shooting my trigger will start coming out after about 10 shots. Not a real problem to push back in, but after another 10 it's coming out again. Not a real big effort but still an inconvenience when shooting a match. I notice that occasionally that when I set the release prior to calling for the bird the release latch on top will click and move down when I set the trigger. Still fires but where should I look to fix these problems.

thanks for any advice
    Bob

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The trigger plate spring may be weak. Also the end of the lock trigger plate can get rounded off over the years and need a touch up to make better contact with the recess in back of the trigger assembly.

3. don q

don q TS Member

Had the same prob, I removed the stock and cleaned everything in the back of the unit and fixed the prob, worth a try. don q

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

You are both 100% right...

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

On my TMS the trigger would also come out every so often. It was a pull but I figure yours is held in the same.

The trigger release pin was not going back in the hole to hold the trigger assembly in. I removed the trigger and drilled it out a little to clean it up and it has worked fine since. Ray

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sometimes that little dog bone shaped pivot bar is installed incorrectly, not allowing the cone shaped plunger from engaging completely.

doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.