1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with KS5 Special

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JBrooks, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I have a friend who needs help with broken ejector. How does he remove it? Can he remove it and convert to extract only? There is a shoot tomorrow and if he can shoot it "extract only", that would be fine.

2. cmptrwz1

cmptrwz1 TS Member

To make a KS 5 extract only all you have to do is remove the e clip. Know the e clip is located in the under side of the mon block as look up from the botton you will see in the middle, a pice of metal that stops the extact and and the pin that keeps the extrctor from coming out with your thumb push the extactor in and pull out the stop it will look like metal E thats the e clip and the extractor will now be held in by the pin stop, now the gun is extrac only it will only lift the shell up as you open the gun.

To take out the extracter you will have to use a punch and hammer to bang out the pin that holds the extracter in place once the pin is out the extractor will slide out with the two springs {hold on to the extractor it will have spring tension on it as the pin comes out}.Went you get the new extractor it has to be hand fitted to the gun by use of a file a gunsmith should be used at this point it can be trickey to get the right fit.

3. Charliebigteeth

Charliebigteeth TS Member

Thanks guys. Rebel you have mail. Right now the gun is stuck half open. The left side broke at the shell holder. This looks to be a one piece unit is that correct? our (NH) W/C is today. The weather is perfect 80ies, no wind. If you are anywhere in Ca you should get there. Today and tomorrow.

4. Charliebigteeth

Charliebigteeth TS Member

Rebel, I got them. Thanks a lot. I've got it apart but I haven't found anyone that carries the part. Most places including Krieghoff are closed on Saturday. It will go out Monday to Alamo Sporting Arms. Thanks everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.