1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with Beretta Teknys trap / sporting

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by willyklouda, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

Ok,
    I need some expert advice from all the teknys owners out there.
    I just bought a 391 teknys from Jaquas this evening. It was listed as a 32" trap model. I ended up buying it and after I got it home I measured the barrel and it only measures 29" from edge of receiver to end of barrel. also it has "sporting" marked on the barrel and the rib doesn't seem high enough for a trap model. Take a look at the pictures please.
    Also someone installed an adjustable butt plate and I noticed it was loose, when I went to tighten it I found that whoever installed the butt plate glued in a piece of wood in the stock for mounting and it had come loose.
    I can deal with re-gluing the butt plate mount, but my question is did I buy a 30" sporting model instead of a trap model?
    Any help is greatly appreciated,
    Willy

willyklouda_2011_0211.jpg

willyklouda_2011_02111.jpg

willyklouda_2011_02112.jpg

willyklouda_2011_02113.jpg

willyklouda_2011_02114.jpg

willyklouda_2011_02115.jpg

2. Borderland

Borderland Member

It does appear to be lacking the step rib of the trap barrel. Jaquas is a reputable dealer and I am fairly confident they will allow a return after inspection if the firearm is not as described.

Ken

3. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

trap models have a steprib-this guns POI will be a bit low for trap! jaquas are good to deal with, but ask yourself- what category did they have it listed and how was it worded?--still, they shud help you--

4. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Take it back. If you haven't shot it, or changed anything Nick will work with you. They are pretty good about it.

If there is a 32" trap listed, the gun was probably numbered incorrectly in their inventory.

However, you should have made a full inspection before you paid for it.

I do not see a Tekny 391 32" trap on their inventory list

5. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

They took it down after I bought it.
    heres a screen capture:
    5th one down

willyklouda_2011_02119.jpg

And Don't think I'm bad mouthing Jaquas, I'm not they told me there is a 5 day return policy when I bought it, I just wanted to make sure I was right before I took it back,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.