1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need help with ASE 90 value

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bigbore613, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

I have a friend with a new in hard case ASE-90. It is a sporting 12ga , 28 inch barell's . What is it worth? Jeff

2. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

Jeff,
    I've seen 2 recently for sale at gunshops, and both were in very good condition, no ported barrels, with two trigger groups. These, like mine, originally came with two trigger groups. Sell for around $5300 to $5800 depending on skeet/sporting version. 30" barrels were longest offered until Beratta started making the Gold ASE. Longer barrels are an easier sell as you know. Don't know what you could get selling privately. These were really the best Beretta competition gun ever made. Just got too expensive to make, and US market was not the right market at that time. Hard to say what a fair market value would be on this gun. Also depends where you live, as some gun makes sell better in some areas better than others.These barrels had .725 bores, and mobil chokes in sporting versions, fixed chokes in skeet version.....Rob G.

3. mikepacific60

mikepacific60 Member

Hi to all...Sportshot - sorry to disagree...I currently have both a 2008 model DT10 and an ASE Gold...both X trap U/O versions. In my humble opinion (and I've had a close look at both) the ASE is much better finished. Also surprisingly, the ASE with its tight bore & short forcing cones (and lighter weight) kicks about the same as the heavier, Optima Bore DT10. Not sure what new technology you are referring to…mostly marketing hype I think. PS - I've also owned new Perazzi's and a new K80 - good guns yes, but not any better than the ASE. As I said at the start...all this is in my humble opinion!
    Regards from Australia, Mike

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually you can still order and ASE - special order

I do think the triggers are as better than a P gun and nearly Krieghoff feel

tight lockup and great fitting

great metal and strength/

great gun

a 28 inch wont bring as much as a trap or a sporting clay - just because demand for them isnt as high but most skeet shooters would do much better with a 28 inch

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Sorry to say I bought quite a few 4 in the 3500 range and one for 5500 with carrier barrels and skeet tubes. 28 inch barrels are the problem but a great gun if I had some extra $ I would pay 3500-4000 for a like new one.
    Joe

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

New is the operative word here- I stated above that the 28 inch barrels are not as in demand and thus the price will be lower

If it is in fact new ( not nearly new) I think you can find a buyer in the 4500-5000 range assuming nice looking wood- but it truly needs to be new

I would pay a preminum for one of these in new condition-- you just have to adverstise and be willing to wait

a dealer would get $5500-6000 if truly new

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.