1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP WITH ANTI ...TALK SHOW HOST

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by AJ100, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

A Pgh PA. talk show host, marty griffin, has made a name for himself in recent months buy jumping all over the politicians in Harrisburg, our state capitol. Good for him and us.

He went after them when they gave themselves a pay raise in the middle of the night. Due to him and the people he kept informed, the potiticians gave the money back. Again good for him, and us.

Now we come to the VT shootings. This guy grew up in PA. and shot firearms when he was a kid, so he says. When all the "ratings driven" gun control talk was the only thing on the radio, he was right in the middle of it. He had some great suggestions. Don't blame the gun, blame the deranged shooter. Right again.

Then he screwed up. He said that there was NO evidence that people with carry permits stop crime. He had a Pgh. city cop on the air at the time as a guest. When a caller told him there were a lot of situations where a concealed weapon stopped a crime his answer was "I'll give you ten minutes to call me back with ONE". I'm sure the guy tried to call back but never got on. When another caller tried to tell him that the American Rifleman had a dozen every month, he started to LAUGH at the guy and said "American Rifleman?, cmon man, THE AMERICAN RIFLEMAN". He then hung up on the caller. He though that was funny.

I e-maild him the story in the Cleveland Plain Dealer a week later. Due to my 60 hour work week, it took me that long to get to him. His reply to me? "It took you a WEEK to find ONE. nice"

This guy needs e-mailed a news article or one of the armed citizen reports from the American Rifleman once a week until he crys uncle and admits we are right.

His e-mail address is mgriffin@KDKA.com This guy is usually a straight shooter so to speak, and if he gets enough e-mails from around the country, he will admit he didn't know what he was talking about.

THANKS IN ADVANCE, AJ100

2. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

AJ I'll make it point to e-mail him at least 2 or 3 times a week.

Jim

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Here are some incidences for him to see:

http://www.freenewmexican.com/story_print.php?storyid=31883

The husband and wife owners of an ice cream store were cleaning up after closing one evening when two men, both wearing handkerchiefs over part of their faces and one armed with a handgun, appeared at the building’s screen door. After demanding that the wife open the door, the nearest man forced the door open. The wife yelled for her husband, who pulled a derringer from his pocket and fired two rounds, sending both men fleeing. (Parma Sun Post, Parma, OH, 7/30/98)

http://www.legallyarmed.com/audio.section.htm

I sent him 3 emails with the above, as well as personal experience with my mom preventing crimes TWICE with her concealed pistol. That's right! Don't mess with me when I'm with my Mama!!!

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    My sister had to pull her .38 on a guy in a Safeway parking lot who manhandled her and demanded money. We found out he matched the description of a robber who also had been raping women. Don't tell me there's no evidence of CCW not working.<br>
    <br>
    Further, muggings and strongarm robberies plummeted here after Oregon became a "shall issue" CCW state. Burglaries and car thefts went up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the direct reason why.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Oh, and I almost forgot.... For my own part, I was in my friend's gun shop when a couple of scruffy young men came in. Wouldn't have paid any attention to them except one went to one corner of the store, and then stood there with his hands in his pockets watching everyone nervously.<br>
    <br>
    His partner was by the knife case, and asked to see a knife. My friend opened up the case and handed him the knife he was interested in.<br>
    <br>
    He opens the blade, and then says to my friend, "What if I stabbed you with this?" The blade was pointed at his belly, only a couple inches away.<br>
    <br>
    My friend, without even turning his head, said, "Those two guys over there will kill you."<br>
    <br>
    He looked at me, and then slowly lowered the knife, then handed it back. I had my .45 on him. The other patron, also a friend of the owner and I, had the other guy covered with his 9mm. He slowly pulled his hands out of his jacket, and they both very slowly backed out of the store.<br>
    <br>
    Mighty odd behaviour to be pulling in a gun store. We think they were probing to see if they could knock the place over.

6. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thanks, for the help so far fellow shooters. Keep em coming.

AJ100

7. oldcop

oldcop Member

He has been in news markets all over the US, I think..he was here for a few years after having been in Oklahoma and was famous for his inaccuracies in his "investigative" reporting as I recall. Good luck with him. I remember one of the other news guys here saying he was known by his fellow reporters as "No Facts Griffin".

8. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thanks for the heads up oldcop. Sorry I don't know in which state you live. When you say he lived "here" , I don't know where that is. I want all my facts to be correct. Not like his.

You got the right guy. He makes a BIG DEAL about being a "investigative"
    reporter.

AJ

9. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

ShooterIll, there is only one CWC incident on there (but it's still one he can use). The rest are all homeowners with guns.

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Here's a report from the first incident in Kansas after we allowed CC.

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

The recent mall shooting was foiled by a police officer that was off duty but it was still with a concealed weapon. John

12. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

This all started when this griffin gave one of his callers 10 minutes to call back and give him ONE example of someone defending themselves with a firearm.

He knew he wasn't going to let this guy back on.

When I e-mailed him to tell him about just such a case, he replied, "It took you a week to find ONE. nice"

A real wise ass. So after I, and some of you kind shooters I hope, e-mailed him, his last response to me today was...

"Do you want me to start sending you the cases of folks accidentally shot
    and killed by morons who thought they were killing intruders and instead
    shot their children?"

I told him, Yes Please, I'LL GIVE YOU 10 MINUTES.

I intend to e-mail this anti firearm, anti 2nd Amendment "talk show host, investigative reporter" ask he calls himself.... EVERY DAY. I don't care if it is MONTHS.

I'll let you know when he mentions us on his show. If he has the backbone.

AJ100

13. bt99bill

bt99bill TS Member

I sent him an e-mail that told him to do a little research. And that the NRA would be more than willing to help.

14. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Thanks Bill

I would like to see this guy get so hammered with pro firearm/2nd Amendment e-mails that he cannot help but go on the air and state that he was wrong.

These talk show hosts depend on the wild ,crazy, screaming, Jerry Springer like callers to boost their shows. What really jerks them around is when you call or send them an e-mail that is very polite and almost condescending. They don't know what to do with that kind of intelligent call or mail.

He will probably ignore me now and not send a reply. I don't really care if he does or not. If he gets enough mail, he will have to mention it on his show. THAT is where I want him to explain he was wrong.

Thanks again, AJ100

15. tallengnr

tallengnr TS Member

Here is a CCW story that stopped a crime in progress:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=753691#post753691

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

"Do you want me to start sending you the cases of folks accidentally shot and killed by morons who thought they were killing intruders and instead shot their children?"

AJ100,

I don't think he'll find too many of those no matter how hard he looks.

Accidental deaths with firearms are really low on the list of possible accidental deaths.

I think accidental poisonings is the top.

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

I e-mail this loudmouth every day with another "armed citizen" story from American Rifleman. I would like people from all over the country to send this guy a story or two.

He still hasn't mentioned us. I'll bet if he got a few hundred he would.

Thanks,

AJ100

18. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

The NRA armed citizen only has 5 listed, need help with more reports. I want to send this wise ass one a day for at least a month.

If you can e-mail him also, that helps. Or send them to me and I will make SURE he gets them. When I sent him the story about the mother protecting her children his response was, " A miracle every day, should have given the kids a guns". I am starting to not like this guy. LOL

Thanks, AJ100

19. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Pick up the book by Dr. John Lott from the University of Chicago - I believe the title is "More Guns Less Crime" - it is the definitive book on the flaws of guns control and documents the impact CC has on crime in states that have it - the book a few years old, but available mainstream.

Obviously you know you can't open a closed mind, unless this shmoe is willing to listen to a real authority.

Jay Spitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.