1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with addiction ,withdrawls?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pipe Layer, May 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I am having a problem with stupid addiction and need help.I have numerous times tried to quit replying on this site and do very well for a while! Then I get on here looking for a gun, club info or some real answer to shooting questions and I go back in to withdraws.

I even do well at times and think I have it whipped and some shooter will either call me or I will see someone at a shoot and they start to tell me about a thread on here downing the ATA.Then I have fallen off the wagon again.

I need help knowing how not to to try to cure stupid! Things like Grand Tx, or Ill.Hell it's Ill.Where have you been?? I'll never go to Sparta,OK How many times do you need to tell us? We need to own our own place,OK we know, but right at this time we have the best place in the world and are saving your money.

See there I go again.I have made a lair out of myself saying I would not reply to stupid on this site! I'm weak and have a problem.They say admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Please do not contribute to my addiction with stupid!Your help will be appreciated :)))By the way I'm using 50 pd.test and a deep sea rod.I know I'm going to ketch a big one.

TD

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You are an addict, Live with it.....

3. Pipe Layer

4. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Find a nice peaceful word you can sing to yourself when you feel the need to imbibe.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

This may help!! Jeff
    bigbore613_2008_030354.jpg

6. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Prior to commenting on the original posters offering, allow me to state my qualifications supporting my soon to follow comments.

I hold several medical degrees, albeit all from universities in third world countries. In addition, I am an ordained minister and hold a certificate stating so (printed it myself on the web site) from the New World Church and School of Divinity. And last, I am the sole winner of the Paul Lynde “Look Alike” contest held at the Rose Bowl flea market in July of 1995.

What Mr. Layer suffers from is known in the medical community as “Spartaflatulitus” and it was first identified in the summer of 2006. It was thought this condition was caused by defective weed killer sprayed two weeks prior to the first Grand.
    Many shooters on certain banks complained of unusual stomach cramps and exhibited flatulence when calling for targets. One shooter was so overcome by this condition that the speaker was actually placed behind him at the insistence of his squad mates.

The weed killer theory was summarily dismissed by the ATA Executive Committee at their annual meeting the following year when it was revealed that all “Spartaflatulitus” victims from the 2006 Grand were from the state of Ohio. No other shooter from any other state was afflicted. Naturally, the investigation for a cure shifted north to the Buckeye state.

The OSTA launched an exhaustive inquiry into the ATA dismissal and produced astounding information regarding this disease. They produced documented scientific reports from the lab of the Scotts Lawncare Products Corporation that indeed defective weed kill spray was found in the bloodstream of the infected Ohio shooters. The fact that the lab doing the testing was located on an 800 acre campus at the Scott headquarters in Marysville, Ohio was suspiciously not mentioned.

As of this date the search for a cure continues. The disease has spread amongst all shooters the past several years. It remains dormant flowing silently through the afflicted’s bloodstream until the subject of the Grand being located in Sparta is mentioned on a certain Internet forum. When this occurs spontaneous flatulence becomes evident from the infected as they post replies to the above mentioned topic.

This Malaise is not fatal Mr. Layer.

After all, it is just a bunch of hot air.

Doc

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Now THAT is a post worth reading! Thank you Doctor.

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

Pipe Layer, It is sad to say but this site is slowly turning into a" For Sale" site and it will just die in time. Trevor Dawe.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

The addiction with 'stupid' is also known as self indulgence. We all suffer from it - trap shooters in particular.

My own addiction with stupid flared up last night and I bought a new SS Camaro.

Top that one fellow stupid addicts.

10. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Here is a method gar-on-teed to work!

Next time you get that urge:

Go into the kitchen and open the silver ware drawer ...

Drop your pants and dangle your "Junk into the drawer ...

Slam the drawer shut!

Usually get a cure the 1st time ... stubborn cases may require a 2nd application!

11. Pipe Layer

Thanks for all the helpful info! I feel better already.
    TD

12. Ken Brandt

Ken Brandt Active Member

Doc, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh.

Ken

13. Pipe Layer

Doc thanks so much! I worried about it being fatal.But now knowing the cause from a true expert makes me feel I'm on the road to recovery.

Hopefully the hand of folks that qualify with not cause me a to have a fall back to my old sin full ways

I have also found that the new Platinum Bud Lites and a fifth of Seagrams 7 is a temporary cure.

If I can avoid the stupid pushers, I might just beat this thing.:)))))

TD

14. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Well done Doc made my morning the nice thing about shooting is your squad mates all wear ear plugs so letting it rip is a freedom I treasure.

15. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Old one eye, you forgot about those who are down wind. They'll need to more plugs.

Steve

16. Pipe Layer

Hey Cool, the 110 thing might work.I will let you know as quick as I can find some one to try it on first.

TD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.