1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP with a problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by berta686, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berta686

berta686 TS Member

I have a new kolar t/s when i start shooting i get a perfect fig. 8 but as the nite goes on back bead covers front bead its my cheek the comb is tight i shoulder the gun the same put my head down on the stock in the same place. i have tried to lift my head,set the comb higher nothing seems to work has any body here had the same problem if so how did you fix it

Thanks
    Neil McClain

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Quit putt'n your head down tigher as the night goes on! Sorry couldn't resist.

Actually, you may be "Rolling your cheekbone". It's a mounting problem. The stock has to set at the same place on your cheek bone everytime.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Daro Handy in his book states that it is actually a good idea to see some rib between the beads instead of the proverbial figure 8. I would raise the comb a little bit and forget about the middle bead provided the stock fits. Out of curiosity what number stock do you have??

4. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Neil;

It's possible that your gun mount becomes inconsistent later in the evening. If that is the case, the height of your eye can vary. There are a number of causes of inconsistent gun mounts.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.