1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need help with a Pacfic DL360 reloader, Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by need to shoot more, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Hello Everyone,
    I just purchased this reloader and I have a problem it dumps powder and shot on each pull, So is this correct or am I being a little stupid? I cannot even knock the old primer out and begin to move the shell around the stations with out the shot & powder dumping, any help would be appreciated.Thanks, Jim Z.

2. 333t

333t Member

Jim:

I had one of these loaders a while back. They don't have powder and shot shutoffs and yes, they dump shot and powder with each stroke. As I recall, I trimmed off the crimp portion of a few fired hulls and used them to catch the powder and shot until the shell plate was filled properly. The plate needs to be manually rotated after each stroke to remove the completed shell and insert a new empty hull.

Its a learning experience with these old loaders. The main problem I had with mine was in priming. The primer seating station is also the powder dump station. And, the primer gets seated at the top of the stroke just when the powder is dumped. If the primer isn't there, or doesn't seat right, the powder is dumped down into the lower primer mechanism and totally clogs up the works. It is difficult to clean out.

I loaded quite a few shells on mine but ended up selling it and getting a 366 Auto, a far superior and much less troublesome loader. Good luck with your 360.

Phil

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

if you can email me your phone #, don't want to stay up too late (shooting tomorrow ) and i will try to walk you through the sequence. Ross Puls ----its 10 pm here EST. if not tonight, i can try tomorrow night.

4. blkfin

blkfin Member

Jim,I have a old 360, makes a really good shell. I have updated to the 366 auto for speed. But to answer your question, I used to put an old fired shell in the priming station and shot station when starting.. Reason for the priming station is it also drops the powder. After you have a hull ready to be primed move it to the next station. Remove the old hulls that have powder and shot and drop them back into the appropriate tubes. Now place a used hull ender the shot station and your unprimed hull under the prime and powder station. Keep Taking the shot out of the old hull till you reach the point of having a hull with a primer, powder and wad under the shot station.. Wish the auto prime feed didn't break on my 360. Made a really nice shell. Good Luck Mike K.

5. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Thanks everyone I think I got-it and will give it another look,I guess just a little alkward getting started, more questions if I may? Value of this loader, are parts avaible( bushings etc.) Thanks too all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.