1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with a new excuse (LOL)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

I had cataract surgery on my left eye two weeks ago and on my right eye two days ago. Prior to surgery I was seeing 20/60 with glasses. Now I am already seeing 20/20 without glasses. Now comes the need for help:

Prior to surgery my main excuse for shooting poorly was blaimed on my eyesight.
    Since I am so pleased with the surgical results I will not be able to keep my mouth shut about how much better I can see. So on the off chance that my shooting does not improve I am seeking suggestions for new totally believable excuses. Please help. (LOL)

By the way, If anyone is on the fence about cataract surgery, DO IT!!! Totally painless, no discomfort, not sensitive to glare or brite lights, for the first time in 69 years I have no need for glasses other than readers. I should have had this done 20 years ago.

Thanks, Marc

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I know I have posted this to a prior thread, but please feel free to use my favorite excuse - whenever it suits your purpose :

A sudden fluctuation in barometric pressure had an adverse effect upon target flight, causing it to deviate from its directionally-propelled, rotational axis, relative to the shot placement, driven by a controlled explosive reaction, set forth into motion by a previously-memorized combination of sight recognition and muscular fluidity.

The really nice aspect of this excuse it that, once they've stopped shaking their heads and asking "HUH" ? or "WHAT" ?, you've already made your way off the line and back to your car. *smile*

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

Heard a new one last night...

"If the guy that shoots before me misses a lot, then I do to".

This guy was dead serious and really has a problem with new people to the sport, of which we get quite a few during the course of the summer. The person in question has one of those terminator style stocks and takes the sport very seriously.

Bruce

4. hopper810

hopper810 Member

Humm lets see

i'm not wearing my lucky thong,i just cleaned my gun and can't do a thing with it.that swarm of bugs way out there distracted me,there were paint flakes missing on the clay and it threw me off.

these shells must be a couple of BB's or powder short. if i think of some more i use or have heard i'll pass them along.

congrats on the new eye sight.

5. dhip

dhip Active Member

Brain Fart

congrats on successful surgery

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I say that I had an episode of Cranial Rectumitis.

7. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Not my invention, but sounds good: the rotation of the earth during the flight of the clay caused me to miss!

LA in MA

8. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Just so cool to watch now that I can see them better.

I had to fart and well I didnt want 4 guys with 12ga pissed at me!

Had a way bad wedgie!!

9. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Boy did I need a good excuse today. I shot my worst round of sporting clays I have ever shot. I ended up with a score of 51 out of a hundred. I amy have retired. Jackie B.

10. guerini

guerini TS Member

My favorite excuse always includes the Gun Club I'm at...

The horseshoe @ Middletown......

The Hump in the field in front of the traps @ The cardinal center.......

Those are my favorites, and you can always get someone to agree with these B.S. reasons no matter where your at....

Another good one is that Good lookin' girl on the trap next to you, "I couldn't see anything but her ____...."

Good Shooting.....

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

How about did you see that knat that landed on the end of my barrel anyone??? How could any of you miss that!!! Break-em all. Jeff

12. REM3

REM3 Member

Now that i can see clearly im shooting to fast because it startles me

13. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

The heels on my boots are worn...now I shoot over everything. Cheers.

14. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

Congrats on the surgery. Just had my right eye done 10 days ago, will have the left one done 4/13.It is amazing how much better i can see already.

Haven't got to shoot yet but am anxious to do so.

Jerry Walker

15. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Congrats on seeing better. May I suggest an excuse: "My gun is such a fine machine and a dedicated trapgun; it fits me perfectly, the barrel prints beautiful patterns, the POI is just as I like it, and the trigger and the balance and weight are perfect for my style. The standard grade wood is so beautiful that I often am nervous handling the gun, less I put a scratch in the wood's finish. The gun is so good and breaks targets so easily that sometimes I just get "lulled" and go through the motions. This fanastic gun is teaching me bad habits because I don't have to work as hard as I did with guns I shot previously."

16. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

The wife gave me some good luvin and I am just toooo tired and cant focus on shooting right now!

17. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Yo, 09newbie,

That excuse is only good for a few years. After that other married men won't believe you! (LOL)

LA in MA (very married)

18. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I was told that I have a "Cataract" by a reputable eye doctor. I told her I'd rather have a "Rincoln".

I'm not bad enough for surgery yet, but I can notice the problem. I might think about surgery sooner rather than later.

As far as excuses, there should be a list that can be alternated and used by all. Just like Fast Food, we could use them by the numbers. "For my excuse today, I'll have a number three combo, hold the flinch."

19. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

Marc,

Just hang around a bunch of kids and you'll learn enough new ones to keep you in excuses for a year.

Congratulations on a successful surgery!
    TNCoach

20. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Quack Shot,

Based on my experience with Cat Surgery all I can say is the sooner the better. I was told that I had cataracts in both eyes but would be OK as is for a couple of years yet. I was not seeing targets well and decided to have the surgery now. Three weeks post surgery in the left eye and one week post in the right eye and I now see 20/20 in each eye, with out glasses, better still with both eyes open. And I am told it will get better yet over the next few weeks. Colors are now absolutely vivid compared to before surgery, no glare or sensitivity to bright light. One thing I would strongly suggest: If you have astigmatism opt for the Toric Lenses. Thanks, Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.