1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help with a new A5

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by Lagrue, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

I have 2 new browning A5 shotguns. I purchased these guns at the same dealer about 3 months apart. Both of these guns are 3.5" guns. These guns have different styles of magazine tubes. I have several friends that have these guns. They all have magazine tubes like the one on the left in the attached picture. The one on the right is giving me problems. I can't stick 2 3.5 shells , or a combination of 1 3" shell and 1 3.5" shell into this tube. Upon doing this, something is restricting the follower from sliding on up the tube. The follower will lodge and prevent the spring from applying pressure on the shells preventing it from feeding properly, therefore jamming. My other gun, the spring and follower will come right out upon removing the plug in the end of the tube. No such luck with this one. It hangs up at about 6.5 "Browning is wanting me to send it in with at least a 6 week wait time. Any options of replacing this tube with an aftermarket tube.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

No pictures are shown. Is there a shell restriction plug in the tube?

3. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

IMG_1187.JPG

No I've taken the plug out of the end of the magazine tube as well as the spring. I then tried to push the follower out the end of the tube by pushing shells through the magazine. The follower hangs up around the 6.5 inch mark at that point it's wedged in there. I have to take a rod and knock it loose from the top

4. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

Even the magazine tube springs are different. The one in the malfunctioning gun is a heavy flat spring. The one in the functioning gun is a thin light spring.

5. Lagrue

Lagrue Member

I talked to customer service about the turn around time. They weren't giving any leeway on it.