1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help with a delicate situation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Bores Rule, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

My first time posting here. I've visited here several times and there seems to be a great wealth of information here. Hopefully some of you can help me with this problem. What can be done the get this guy lined out, Or do we just need to send him packing.

We have an individual at my gun club who seems to think he's gods gift to the club. He always shows up for work projects, But seems to put more effort into eating lunch than working. Most of the work he does do, He screws up.

He envisions himself as a good trap shooter, But in reality he's a typical D class 20 yard shooter. He claims he wants to improve, But shuns any advice on even the basics of shooting. Prefering instead to practice endlessly reinforcing bad form and habits. Normally it wouldn't bother me, But He wants to grab every new shooter that shows up and does the let me show you how to really play this game routine. It's to the point that it has become a joke to some of us better shooters. We just watch from the club house and laugh at him.

I would really like to distance myself from this bozo, But it's almost impossible to get away from him. It's gotten to the point that every time myself or a couple of others show up at the club he'll be in the parking lot Peeing down his leg like a cocker spaniel before you can get out of the car. I find myself calling the clubs to find out if he's there before deciding on which one to go to.

Sorry for the long rant, But I'm at wits end here.

BBR

2. bigben1

bigben1 TS Member

Pee on his other leg, maybe he'll get the hint.

3. Questor

Questor TS Member

I agree with the idea that this individual is not unique. We had one just like that at my club for a long time and today we are between jerks. It's more fun to be at the club without such people.

The guy who used to be a menace to the club was more or less forced out, but not through any official means. Enough people got fed up with him simultaneously and started giving him a taste of his own medicine. He quit.

4. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

LOL good one BigBen! Anyway, at the club I go to, there are a few really good shooters. These are the ones asked BY THE CLUB, to help out a new shooter. If someone that isnt a good shooter tries to "help out" by giving pointers, they are politely told that a member of the trap committee will do the teaching. That way it looks kind of like a club rule that someone from the club, preferable a trap committee member will do the teaching. Works pretty good. Steve

5. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

Get Four of your best shooters take him out on the Trap Range and give him a laceing he'll never forget. Do it in the maner as if he belives he is one of the better shooters there. And do the recomendation that was brought up about appointing a couple fellas to give the orentation. Explain to him that everyone wanted to see how good he was and if he had come theough then he would have been apponted. Something like that. Do it by getting the board members to sanction the shoot as well as making the appointments. Jus ma two centavos worth!!! Rich.(inPeoria,A.Z.)

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Tell him that you find him to be an annoying person and to please refrain from shooting with you, talking to you or coming around you ... or better yet get one of your friends to tell him all of this and then hang with that friend all the time so you wont have to deal with the annoyance anymore.

Either your going to have to tell him that he annoys you and what the annoyances are or else your going to have to just suck it up and live with it.

7. grammie

grammie TS Member

The 1st time I ever met WPT he was standing on the back fence at Phoenix consistantly taking money from shooters!!!! By shooting!!!

Now,,most of these guys were experianced "games" shooters,,,,but lacked the form and shooting style it takes to consistantly break targets from the fence!!!

Invite this shooter to "partake" in a little fun,,,,a little "gambling" if you will,,,,,,,and let him see just how good he is!!!! take him out there and seperate him from his money in a way that would appeal to his "grat shooting ability"!!!!

You don't have to say a word,,,,after a bit,,,he will realize just where he stands in the "pecking order" of skill!!!!!!!!!

AKA Grammie.........

8. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Elect him President. He'll soon quit.

9. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

What harm is he causing?

If he's doing ANYTHING at the club, that's better than 100 people who are doing nothing.

Avoid him if you can. Tolerate him if you can't.

A wise man once said, "Wise men learn more from fools than fools from the wise."

10. nicky

nicky Member

BBR , You could see if he qualifies to join the N.A.O.P.T.S. (National Association Of Professional Trap Shooters) and if not tell him he should start at the club down the road. Or just bear with it and coach him into a better sportsman. Don't feel alone they are everywhere.

11. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

BBR, first of all welcome to this site.

Glad you posted. Don't feel too bad we have the same thing on here.

One thing is how old is this person?

The young people seem to know everything, and know little.

If this person is young, well work with him or her and give them a chance.

If he is an old #art like me put him in his place.

Bo

12. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

BBR......Don't worry about it! Every club has a Forest Gump.

13. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Just be damn glad that he shows up and supports the club. It sounds a though you are the problem not him. At least he isn't sniveling about you. Suck it up pilgrim. FD

14. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Oh yeah! And just tell him you think he's a dumbass!{He IS a little guy isn't he?]

15. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Souinds like someone we have (had) at our club. Used to work in the trap room, he was so unhappy at/with everything we kicked him out of the position. Too bad he was still President of the club. We voted him out post haste. We haven't seen much of him since. Too bad he drove a whole lot of shooters away before the problem could be fixed. Solve your problem quickly before any more damage is done!

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

16. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Judt tell this feller that there won't be any food on the next work day and he won't show up

17. Big Bores Rule

Big Bores Rule TS Member

Wow, All kinds of ideas. I like the idea of designated individuals to help the new people. I will bring that up at the next BOD meeting.

This guy is middle aged, And does support the club. He mostly shows up shoots two or three rounds and proceeds to annoy the crap out of folks. It's starting to have a negative impact on the club.

He would probably be gone by now, But he's friends with the club president. I guess he figures if he can keep the boss's computer fixed he can do as he pleases.

I guess we'll just have to tell him to quit being a PITA. If the prez don't like it, Guess we'll just have to vote him out.

BBR

18. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Form a comittee of at least 6 people and talk to the guy. Tell him about the
    behavior you like and the things you will not tolerate, including "teaching" new shooters.

Chances are he will not change his behavior so until he leaves, avoid any associating with him. If he walks up to you, turn around and walk away without a word. People like this guy need to be made aware of their irritating behavior, providing there are a number of you who object to it as you do.

Rollin

19. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I agree with Grammie on this one.
    Don

20. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Tron... Boomer?

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.