1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need help with 1100 stock

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by james dent, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james dent

james dent TS Member

0   0   0

i have a 1100 that i am buliding for my grilfriend so she can shoot but i need to change the stock but it has a a differant stock bolt than the other 1100 i own is there a speical tool or something to uses to get the stock off the gun it is a newer 1100 did they change the bolt

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

As far as I know, the stock nut on the new 1100s is just a long hex nut. You might need a thin-wall socket however due to clearance issues b/w the nut and stock.

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0

they should have a long nut with a screwdriver slot in the top. They make a special tool to remove it but you can use a really large screwdriver but be careful that you don;t split the stock

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I agree with the doc. I have a special screwdriver that mates up perfectly and I am very careful to get a precise insert before putting pressure on the bolt

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Another trick I learned here a year or so ago is to use a "spade type wood bit" maybe a 3/4" or so. You can put a wrench or pliers on the flat for leverage. Cheaper and more common than the proper screwdriver.

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Newer 1100's use a long hex nut as stated above, not the old "hat nut" with a slot. Use an 11/16" socket.

Ken Rucker

7. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Listen to Ruck get a thin wall socket a thick one usually will not work,

Buddy

8. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

0   0   0

And on the older ones you can cut off a piece of garden hose and slip over the screw driver and it will help keep the screw driver from slipping out of the groove.

9. james dent

james dent TS Member

0   0   0

thanks i have the one that has a slot and you have to push the middle down to take the stock off if i split the stock it is no big deal i got the 1100 for $100 nib the guy i got it from got drunk and cut the stock off about 5 inches so you sold it to cheap he never even shot it

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

0   0   0

On the older ones you can use the old style lug wrench that came w/your vehicle.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The sugestion of a "spade bit" is a good idea. Its center point helps to keep the bit centered.

Grand idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.