1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help w/ S&W 1000

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rem29, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem29

Rem29 Member

Friend has a Smith and Wesson 1000 12 gauge shotgun and cannot locate a replacement for what is termed the piston shock absorber for the gun. Anyone out there have a lead for the part or know what material it is made from? He said it was hard plastic (UHMW HDPE ultra high molecular weight high density polyethylene) but I think this would offer no shock relief for the slide what so ever.

I have capability to make the part but need to have something to work from. Anyone out there have a S&W 1000 that could take a picture of or measure the part for me?

I appreciate your reading this and look forward to the responses.

It's 9-11, reflect on what we have and never forget what was done.

2. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Usually Numrich Arms out of Hurley, New York has them. i bought one from them for a 20 ga. gun i was working on. Good Luck, Tim

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

You can cut a piece of thick leather and oil it. The part looks like the washer from a water hose.

4. Rem29

Rem29 Member

TD1958 Looks like you win the Scooby Snack. Went to Numrich and saw the part and that it is in stock. Forwarded info to the S&W 1000 owner. I am sure he'll be a happy camper! I appreciate the lead and also thanks to riflegunbuilder for the hint. I will make one if the Numrich source goes sour!

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

L.S.G. Manufacturing stocks them. 325.885.2700

6. Rem29

Rem29 Member

My friend checked with L.S.G. and they didn't have any... Thanks for trying!

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

This shotgun became the Mossberg autoloader. I would definitely investigate that possibility if I had one.

I love the Super Skeet, Hellofa shooter.

HM

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I did look at the schematic on Numrich for the Mossberg 1000, and it looks exactly like the Howa/Smith. The link here is an interesting read with good tips.

The piston shock absorber is $4.30, so worth a try if nothing else is aailable.

HM

9. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

Smith & Wesson 1000 was my favorite gun for many many years.
    I used to work the midnight shift. Got out of work in the morning and went pheasant hunting about 5 days a week with the S&W 1000. It never failed me for over a decade. Including as a deer slug gun.
    Fix that gun and shoot the heck out of it.

10. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

Them 1000's were something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.