1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help w/ MEC Grabber

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dolphin77, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin77

dolphin77 Member

I am having some major problems with my MEC 28ga Grabber...it gets very hard to finish the the last inch or so of the stroke, and a lot of times the brass at the depriming station comes out puffed/balloned out...looks like half a donut...something needs adjusting and I can't figure out what it is...help please....Thanks, WC

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Your shell is not dropping all the way down in the collet. Remove the shell lifter rod and make sure there are no other obstructions preventing the rod from dropping down all the way in to the collet, I have found one pellet of shot is enough. Or the wad guide is set too low and this in turn will have the same effect.

Bryan

3. seitz647

seitz647 Member

Do as above, also clean the collet and the primer tube(inside the collet), sometimes powder and oil residue will keep it from functioning properly - also spent primers may back up in there

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Ditto Bryan!

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

WC, listen to Bryan, if you can't find solve the problem there call Mec and use there Tech Suppot. You'll get it. Break-em all. Jeff

6. Duck

Duck Member

Everything said above and check if the collet is dry and/or galling.

7. Hogsan

Hogsan Member

All info above correct. I don't know how many rounds have been loaded but I lost tension on one collet finger and it had the same effect. When I tried to bend it back it bowed in the middle and prevented the shell from dropping and made the issue worse. Changed the collet fingers and it has been fine for many 1000 rounds. If you are not a fair mechanic send it to Mec.

Good Luck

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.