1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help to ID a TMX release trigger please ?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The first one of this kind I saw was called a "Rietz" but I've heard that the solid and innovative design was soon copied by knock-offs . The rights to the original were sold to someone else and I've heard that the smart designer of this is no longer with us.

The O/U version had a long, seemingly impossible to manage hole through the backbone of the trigger. I'll guess that it was EDM-ed but even then, it must have been both an engineering and workshop challenge.

Neil

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

John. Kerry Allor makes that trigger now. The big pin holding the rocker arm is the type he uses. I have another pic of on somewhere and I'll look. But that is a Kerry Allor and made recently.That is his style.

I call those triggers automotive style as they are "push rod, and rocker arm and the trigger blade acts as the cam lift. But they are all "Reitz" as he developed the style.

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

It is Kerry's trigger I have the same one for my TM-1.

Terry.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Daloe reitz was from perrysberg ohio and he developed that trigger. He passed away a number of years ago. Great guy and a good shooter. motordoc

5. JACK

Dale Reitz and I spent a good half hour discussing his spine cancer and his outlook fo rthe rest of his life. He had come to grips with his true potential and yet was happy to be talking shooting and guns. That convo started because of a tirgger he was to make for me and yet I think he had Nelson from Florida make it fo rme. I did wait for that trigger longer than typical, but as with all of the Reitz style triggers, they all work great with little change and instant let-offs. I do not know for sure, but I think I would hang my hat on and old Reitz or an Allem roller first. The rest are good, adn I trully agree with that, but Reitz, Allor, Allem roller are all quicker than many releases. Why? because they have zero drag. Allor calls it "duration"

6. 1moreround

1moreround TS Member

atajohn: Kerry Just finished one for my TMX Special that replicates the one in your photo. I mentioned to him that me being a newer release shooter I hoped he could build me one that didn't leave me out of bullets by the time I reached a hard angled target. Kerry terms it as a "longer let-off duration" and he built that exact trigger. I love the job he did for me. Kerry Allor is a true master. Ernie Roberts

7. JACK

Dear Forty-yard. Rick Nelson was a actor/singer. You are prob too young to remember that. Speaking of which, did you ever see the public TV special aobut his life? Good stuff.

And One-more... Nora Ross Martin would tell you to shoot the target when you get to it. Sounds like you are attempting to establish a "sustained-lead". That works too.

8. JACK

Good shootin John. Bested me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.