1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help-Sporting Clays Browning or Beretta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Jan 29, 1998
    I've been shooting 5 stand (23 out of 25) and Sporting Clays very well with my Weatherby Orion O/U 28" barrels. (I duck hunt with this gun) I also shoot Skeet (25's sometimes) with the gun. Only problem is, it knocks me like you wouldn't believe. I'm going to have a chance, this weekend, to shoot a Beretta 391 and a Browning Semi-Auto (I'm assuming it's the BPS (sp) ) What can you tell me about the guns I'm going to shoot? I can shoot the 391 for as long as I want....years....for free or buy the Browning for $600. I shoot trap with a SKB 885 and love that gun and wonder if I'm going to have trouble switching to an auto loader after shooting an O/U. I shoot a semi auto in pistol, so am certainly familiar with the action. I've also owned a Mossberg 9200 and a Rem 1100.
  2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've had both. The 391 is the one I kept. The 391 outclasses the Browning Gold/Fusion in every possible manor.I don't know what barrel length the Beretta is, but the 28" is preferable. Make sure the Beretta has the proper stock spacer in it for you. You won't believe how smooth the 391 is.

Browning Gold/Fusion shotguns are very nice and shoot well. The only drawback is they aren't very smooth. This adds a little to the felt recoil.

Let us know what you think after shooting both!

3. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Jan 29, 1998
    391 and don't look back.

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    Why not consider some serious recoil reduction help for the Weatherby that you already own and shoot well? I have many lady customers who shoot o/u's equipped with Rad's and Gracoils who love them.

Ken Rucker
  5. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I can't speak about the Beretta, I do know they are excellent guns...in addition the Browning Gold Sporting Clays Ladies model is an quality gun as well....available in 2 versions, Ladies model and Ladies "Golden Clays" model as well. The difference being really in appearance only...Ladies "Golden Clays" model has some nice embellishments on the receiver and very attractive wood. You can see them both at the Browning website under Gold shotguns.

I bought one for my 10 year old daughter and she is currently shooting it on the SCTP team about 150 rounds/week. We have had it about a year and no problems yet. I do like the simplicity of cleaning it, you pull the barrel off, wipe down the magazine tube, clean the active valve and re-assemble...takes about 10 minutes.

It also features 2 activ valves included with the gun for heavy and light loaded shells, and a stock tapered shim spacer to adjust for comb height if needed.

The only downside to the gun was the factory trigger pull was about 7-8 lbs....we had it lightened up to about 4 lbs by a reputable gunsmith...shoots great now.

I can't agree with other's statements that they aren't smooth...it cycles shells flawlessly and we shoot skeet with it from time to time. Try a Ladies model before you decide against the Browning.

Bob T
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning gold sporting clay vs 391