1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Quick

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duckhunter331, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Just wondering what you make of the wording of this law.

It is illegal to carry a firearm in or on a motor-driven vehicle with a shell in the chamber. The entire cylinder of a revolver is considered the chamber, requiring the revolver to be completely unloaded.

If I am reading this correctly that means that I could have shells in the magizine as long as I have no shells in the chamber. I am just wondering if I am correct.

Travis

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Well, it is open to interpretation. They have clearly stated what their intentions are with regard to a revolver. There is no statement regarding semi automatic pistols. Absence of something does not mean it's ok. I agree with your thoughts but for your sake, make sure.

Jeff

4. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

Sorry, I am meaning the use of semi-automatic and/or pump shotguns. Sorry for the confusion.

Travis

5. duckhunter331

duckhunter331 TS Member

6. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Hmm...since they apparently felt the need to go so far as to state what constitutes the legal definition of a chamber in the case of a revolver, I hereby rule that their attendant failure to do so in the case of other types of arms indicates they felt no such clarification was necessary, which to me means you are ok.

But that is worth exactly what you paid for it, & may land you in jail (lawyers' kids still have to eat, you know).

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Hear in massachusetts all guns must be unloaded and locked with aproved trigger lock or locked case. unless you have a concealed carry permit. The handgun must be on your person. Best bet is to carry your guns without any ammo in or near it. Gun in case , ammo in bag.

8. flylta

flylta TS Member

Take the class and get the tote permit and ask the trainer during the class for his/her interpretation and then check with an attorney as already suggested.

Without a permit in FL you have to make at least 3 distinct moves before a gun is able to be fired if you don't have a tote card. If you have the card pull and shoot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.