1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help putting a picture on Thread

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Hipshot 3, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Foggy.....Oh Foggy......where are you?

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

To accomplish this you need to open an account with places like PhotoBucket - it's free, although I have a paid membership which permits for large amounts of storage. You can search the net for free photo hostings.

Once you have your account, log onto it and then upload your photo. I downsize my photo in an editing program FIRST. A good one comes with Windows. It is Microsoft Paint. You can access it by clicking START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, and then click the Paint Program. To get your photo, you'll have to remember where it is stored.

I run a couple of DVI large flat screens running 1280x1024, so my pictures are/can be too large. Consequently, I use Paint to Format them to about 50% in height and width. Then I log onto PhotoBucket and BROWSE my system to find it/them, and then upload them to PhotoBucket.

Once uploaded, I select the second title bar in PhotoBucket which starts with **img** (can't use the symbols as they are HTML ones and appear funny in this thread) and I copy (right-click COPY or hit CTRL-C) the entire line... "img........." by right-clicking my mouse to COPY that link.

I then leave PhotoBucket and head to TS.COM. In my thread I hit the enter key about three times, back up to the 2nd blank line, and then insert (PASTE - right-click and select PASTE or hit CTRL-V) the copied link. I try to put a black line above and below the inserted link so make it easier on the eyes.

If you just want people to access the photo and NOT see it in the thread itself, copy that link in the "Image URL:" title window just below your Email: title bar.

Hope this helps.

Whiz White

3. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

David....It would not let me edit it. URL was in the wrong place but when I clicked on edit it takes me to photobucket. Red X it too close to edit. Had same problem months ago but just deleted it. Now it says deleted post, but post is still there and just the information is deleted. Ray.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.