1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help on the 24, or thereabouts.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by barnbarron, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnbarron

barnbarron TS Member

Hey folks,
    For certain reasons I have to shoot from about the 24 yard line and I was expecting to shoot from the 16. This is not a typical range and not typical rules for our league. I shot today and did'nt shoot very well so if you have any suggestions that might help on the change it would be appreciated. Practice is a problem because I cannot set it up without help. Anyways thanks in advance.

Barnbarron

2. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Try holding lower than you do on 16s. Also, be more aggressive in getting to the target, you can't aim at handicap targets like you can 16s (well, some people can, I can not!). Any targets in particular you were having problems with? If they were the hard angle targets from 1 and 5, you might need to move your hold more into the center of the traphouse, as there is less angle the farther you move back. Try giving us some more info, though.

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

the 24 is where I started to have to set up my gun to shoot a little higher. I'd start there by raising your stock 1/16th at a time until you start to smoke more targets. Good Luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.