1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help on making an offer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I need some in put on what to offer as a price for 2 lincoln as2002 trap throwers on lincoln portable bases with wheels and 35 boxes of 135 count birds. The gentleman wants to sell this as a package deal. The throwers have had very little use and have been in storage for 5 years.

2. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

these have all the remotes and cords also. not certain if 320 capacity or 400.

3. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I could really use some help here. I can't believe NO ONE has replied. Someone usually has pointers or a price. Thanks Tom

4. warren

warren Member

I've no idea as to the value but the art of negotiation says you should have the seller put a price on them an see if it's anywhere near what your willing to pay then you can decide what your offer should be.

warren

5. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

Leadhead,

What I would do in your case is to start with a value equal to 50% of the original cost of the merchandise, then compare that amount to the most I'd be willing and able to pay. Another way is to determine the payback you'll receive if you make the purchase; will the machines pay for themselves over time and how long will that take? Also, how bad does the seller want to sell?

As for the clays, open up a case and make sure that they're in good shape. I think the 50% rule applies here as well. Good luck.

LA in MA

6. redhawk44

redhawk44 Member

It should be easy to price the targets. After that I would find out what these traps sell for new and from that I might start with an offer of approximately 1/2 of what these items would sell for new.

I would also want to shoot up one of those boxes of targets, just to be sure there was no mechanical problems. Also look over the boxes that the targets are in to ascertain that they have been stored properly.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Offer what ever the package is worth to you, negotiate off of that number ... There are to many unknowns for anyone to give you a absolute number on the items ... How much does he want for them and how much are you willing to pay, Then figure there is a number someplace inbetween that will work for both of you ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.