1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help on hand warmer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Shady Creek, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

Sorry, haven't seen one in years, since the heat packets came out....GOOD LUCK

2. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Do you mean those charcoal looking strips? Have not seen them in years. those tear open and shake packs work real well for me.

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Haven't seen any of those in years like the other poster said. Best bet would be to try the packets that last for a few hours. I have been impressed with how well they work and I think I saw a ten pack for four dollars the other day. Won't be out much to give it a try. Dan

4. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

REB try the web address above it is for a search of fuel sticks there is a whole page of them. All you have to do is know which one you want and you have it made. Good luck.

Bob Lawless

5. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Thats the trouble with the sticks as you call them, they are designed to burn out quickly and not last.
    I still have 3 of the old fashioned hand warmers you fill up and they last for a day, Joney? in cold weather 30 to 40 below and use almost any liquid, but I guess its easier to throw away just like you throw away your money and your vote.

6. kenf

kenf Active Member

Rebel,

I have seen those here in PA recently, but can't remember where. I'll be hitting up the local gun shops soon and will keep an eye out.

I switched to the liquid JON-E. Love them.

7. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I new they still made them. As I also have them, here in the NE we used to have what was called traveling winter league every couple of weeks we would go to a different club and shoot the format.

It took between 1 to 2 hrs to shoot so the sticks were perfect they never lasted more than 2 to 2.5 hrs so it wasn't waste full.

The Jon-e warmers that I have I could never keep burning they would go out from lack of air in the picket of my winter trap coat. Or I would light them get done shooting and they would be burning for the rest of the day thats just as big a waste as trying to use a 2 hour stick maybe more.

SL just because you see it one way doesn't mean other people don't see it or use it differently than you do. So do me a favor save the sermons for someone that gives a rats pitute.

Bob Lawless

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What about the old Zipo style?

9. NJFlyer

NJFlyer Member

Try this http://www.gr8gear.com/catalog/Camping-Outdoor-Gear/Hand-Warmers/Hand-Warmer-Refill-Fuel-Sticks/
    Ken

10. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i think dicks or dunhams has them. I bought the last ones at dunhams. motordoc. they were marked 1.59 for a package but is has been a while

11. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

If I do not use all the stick I dip the lit end in water to put it out and save to use later. I tried the fuel type first and did not like them. I prefer the sticks. To each their own.

Do NOT buy the red powder packets in Colorado. I did while skiing.....I had to take my socks off and wash my feet off in the cold snow to remove that stuff......Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.