1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help on finding powder in Ohio

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leadhead358, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

I'am trying to find E-3 powder here in eastern Ohio. Have always done my reloading business at Dawson Enterprises in Ohio, but they haven't been able to get E-3 since April. I called Alliant and they said shipments should go out in November. Dawson's have yet to receive their back order. Looking for 8 lb. containers for around $100. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. Thanks Tom

2. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Sportsmen Den in Shelby, Ohio or Fin, Fur, Feather in Ashland Oh. are large suppliers.

If they dont have any your probably going to have to wait a little longer.

Regards....Gerald

3. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I was at Shelby yesterday and they had a great inventory of reloading materials. I can't say if they had E3. I would give them a call. It is a great shop with lots of stuff, worth the trip!
    Doug Allison

4. leadhead358

leadhead358 Member

Thank you for the help, but I guess I will WAIT. I got on the web site for Sportsman Den in Shelby and they are a bit over priced. Looked at Green Dot powder $29.95 per pound (COME ON MAN). Dawson Enterprise $16.00. I did not see E-3 on their page, but all their other powder is extremely high. Wads $28.00 per 1000 compared to $16 per 1000. They are right in line with Gander Mountain and Cabela's. It would not pay to reload if you have to buy from them.

5. federal paper

federal paper TS Member

I thought everybody new by now . roger brenner 419 583 7133 .

6. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I didn't mention Roger because he is the NW part of Ohio. He is great and has great prices. I have found that Sportsmen's Den is well known for low prices. An 8 lb keg of Green dot / Red dot is about $89. The Claybusters wads I use I bought a case of 5k and paid about $70. I bought from Roger all summer at the events he was at. The last time I talked to Roger he had the lowest price on shot by about $2 a bag.
    Doug Allison

7. Robb

Robb Member

Bottomdollar Gun Shop in Jeffersonville?

8. Rods Custom Stocks

Rods Custom Stocks Member

LeadHead,
    You should call the Sportsman Den @ 419-347-3007 and ask for Lynn Mall because I know the prices you quoted are not right. It may be wrong on the web site!

Rod

9. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rennerize Gun Works Chillicothe Ohio. I have it in stock for $98.99 for 8 pound.
    740-663-5050
    Don

10. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Last time I loaded up on shot and powder I bought from Don Renner. He's a quality guy.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Thanks Jerry.
    Don

12. DitzMan

DitzMan TS Member

I am a supporter of Denny's in Hubbard OH. Not sure if he has E3, but he had Clays this summer when others did not. Good prices and nice to deal with. IMHO, it would be worth a phone call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

where to find powder in nw ohio