1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help om MEC 9000G

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dave P, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

My 9000 does not function properly. In the first station which deprimes and resizes the brass the Shell Lifter #8560 falls down too far into the Collet Assembly meaning an inch or so. The Lifter is definitely in the slot on the ShellLifter Bracket #8563.

Also the Shell Carrier #615 will rotate by hand but not via the Actuating Bracket #8669. I can't really tell if the Gas Spring #8673 is functioning correctly or not when I pull the handle down with the bottles raised and no shells in the carrier #615. I hope some one of you is an expert on this reloader and can help me. Thanks, Dave

2. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Dave, Search on Mecs or collets and you should find a number of threads on this same subject and even a few pictures. If you are saying the shell lifter falls down to far when the handle is bottomed, the fingers on the bottom may be out of adjustment (if happened over time) or popped out of the fingers (if happened suddenly or after moving or tipping your reloader).

49 ACTUATOR CARRIER 8791 $18.57 is the MEC number of the piston that I am stocking. If the piston is the problem, when you compress it (off the machine) it will have problems pushing your hand out with ease. If the piston is good, it is the adjustments on the piston and tray. I have read the instruction several times and still am not clear how it works. Maybe a different poster can share the piston adjustment techniques better than I can. I will probably call Mec on Monday for a refresher if no one on TS has the answer. Good Luck Omaha

3. Dave P

Omaha: The shell lifter falls too far even with the handle at full top. Dave

4. omahasportingsupply

Dave, Look on this previous thread. Usually the lifter is to high with the arm up and doesn't fall down far enough which crushes the brass on the hull. I would check the yoke with the arm up, as it should have the lifter high enough to slide the shell forward on the tray without hanging on the collet. Then if you can solve that one, the lifter dropping down to far hopefully will be easy to spot. Omaha

5. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

Dave P,

I have had the same thing happen and I think you will find that the little forked yoke that the lifter tube sets in under the loader is bent. Bend it back up and problem should be solved. Keep in mind that this advice comes from someone who has the mechanical ability to remove pop bottle caps 3 out of 4 times!

Jim

6. Dave P

7. omahasportingsupply

Dave, did you have a chance to look at your yoke? I posted a picture of it on that other thread. Omaha

8. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you bent that yoke YOU dont need to reload buy your shells rick

9. JLSIMON

JLSIMON Member

What happened in my case was the primer tray became too full and held up the yoke arm on the downstroke. Putting more and more pressure on it, bent it down, so thus the shell lifter didn't go back up to the top as you stated. Take it off and look at it. It has to be bent if everything else is checking out fine.

10. willing

willing Member

Read the manual carefully there is a pretty good discription on how to adjust the shell lifter and then the rotation of the shell carrier.

Bill

11. Dave P

Omaha: I just looked for the "yoke" and can't see or identify it. Do you know the part # as I can't find it?

Bill: I have the original manual printed in 1993. My printer of the same vintage just pooped out too.

Thanks for all the help and hope it works. I'm looking to hear from you again Omaha per my question.

12. omahasportingsupply

#91 on the Grabber page is easy to see. I don't think is wears out very often. It does get of alignment or adjustment. YYMV Your Yoke May Vary. I couldn't resist. Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to replace the gas spring on the mec 9000 reloader

mec 8673

mec 9000 actuator carrier

mec 9000 piston 8673 or 8791

mec 9000g comes up hard after pushing out primer

mec actuator carrier

mec collet actuator arm problems

mec trouble shooting 9000 piston problem