1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help! Looking for 56 Jeep pickup

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by red barron, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. red barron

red barron TS Member

Would like to find a 56 Jeep pickup to restore. It would be a trapshooting vehicle when I'm done with it. Thanks for your time, Red Barron

2. red barron

red barron TS Member

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

That will be a tough one, but there was an old Jeep pickup at a old and oddball car lot south of Mt. Olive, Illinois. Most of the cars are junky but I saw it last summer. The lot is right on Interstate 55. I don't know the name of the lot but I'll find out when I go back there next Monday (I'm in AZ now.) I'll see if it's still there and check the year and price for you.

Talk to you later.

4. Barry C. Roach

RedB, Send me a photo of one, if you have one.

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

here is one

6. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

red barron and all:

The business Mr. Roach referenced is Country Classic Cars. "oddball car lot" doesn't quite do it justice. It's a large place with an extensive inventory of classic vehicles. With a few exceptions, these cars and trucks would be of interest to someone looking for a vehicle to restore or someone looking for a parts vehicle.

Their website, countryclassiccars.com, lists inventory items, photos, and prices. A quick scan of their inventory includes two jeep trucks but neither is a '56.

The business is located adjacent to I-55 in southern Illinois near Staunton. More specifically, it's about an hour north of St. Louis, MO. or an hour south of Springfield, IL.

It's also about 15 minutes from the Brittany Shooting Park - home of the Illinois state shoot.

sissy

7. Barry C. Roach

One man's oddball is another man's treasure.

8. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

There are a couple of 1956 Willys station wagons on e-bay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.