1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need help Ithaca Flues 3 1919 engraved

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by stillmisses, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

Hi folks,
    I need some help from someone who knows a lot about Ithaca double shotguns.
    A friend knows an elderly lady who has an Ithaca Double 12 Ga. Serial number 310545 that if I 'm correct puts it at about 1919 and a Flues NIG, it was her grandfathers.
    It has a lot of engraving, with what looks like a Quail, a Pheasant and on the receiver bottom a goose or Duck. The water table has a 3 on it so I assume that's the grade. I have only seen phone pictures that are not the best, I also don't know the barrel Length. Gary has told me it has no blemishes and appears virtually unfired. This is located in southwest Florida. We are trying to find someone nearby she can take it to for an appraisal. I can forward pic's if needed.
    Thanks we are guessing at the value any Ideas?
    Mike T
    stillmisses

2. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Mike, I will do a little research and give you my best guess. Might not get back to you till tomorrow am. Friday nite is date nite and if mamma ain't happy ain't nobody happy! Bill

3. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

Thanks Bill,
    Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. She was originally going to trade the Shotgun for a 22 pistol until Gary let her know it might be woth just a bit more...... As I said I can forward the phone pics if it would help.
    Thanks
    Mike T.

4. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

5. BILL GRILL

Mike, I can't find a picture of a grade 3 but the book says exc shape 2300. very good 1600. good 800. so unless she was trading for a very nice pistol she was loosing. Book also says add for single trigger and ejectors. Also guages smaller than 12 command a premium. Regards, Bill

6. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

Bill,
    Thank you for checking it out, At least we can let her know its approximate value.
    I sure she could use the extra money from selling it rather than trading for a lesser value firearm.
    Thanks
    Mike T.

7. Richiemac78

Richiemac78 Member

Try " shootingsportsman.com"...forum site ..these bozos know everything about fine old s x s like your Ithaca flues .....gun is "probably" worth in excess of
    $1,000.oo ...do not offer it for sale on this website, just make inquiry as to the approximate value ...good luck .

8. BILL GRILL

I am only quoting prices from the book!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1919 flues trap