1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help - Hornady 366 reloader

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WoodsonEnt, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I need your help. I recently picked up a used Hornady 366 reloader. I know nothing about these. First off, is it possible to remove shells to check powder charge? Second, how do I check to see which bushings are in it?

Thanks, Matt

2. Jamesquinn

Jamesquinn TS Member

Yes, you can disengage the pawl and rotate the base plate to remove a partial loaded shell form any station. Remove the charge bar and look at the shot and powder bushings. The powder bushing will be marked with a number which is the inside diameter. You'll need a manual to tell you how many grains of powder a given powder bushing delivers, since different powders weigh differently. Shot bushings are marked with the weight of shot.

The 366 is a good reloader, but there are many adjustments to set it up properly. The essential first step is to get a manual from Hornady.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I did get a manual. This loader is very old, and the manual is does not explain well. What is the pawl? How do I remove the charge bar?

Matt

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Matt,

Get a couple of empty containers to empty the contents of the bottles into. Then remove the knurled screw on the right hand side of the loader where the shot/powder bottles are mounted. Remove the screw at the rear left side of the the bottles. Then lift straight up on the assembly.

After dumping the contents into said container/s, remove slide to inspect the powder and shot bushings.

ec90t

5. Jamesquinn

Jamesquinn TS Member

The pawl is that little spring loaded thingy which advances the plate one station each time you pull the handle. #94 on the parts diagram.

Go to the site above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.