1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP!!! GARMAN NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rfk, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfk

rfk TS Member

They work great!

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I bought my wife a Garmin unit. She thinks it's the greatest thing ever invented. You don't have to be a Computer major to run it, and I use it for business meetings more than she does. Best thing I ever did cause I travel alot.

I think mine is a 400?, bought it last christmas for $350 on sale.

3. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

They work well. I have used one or the other for over a decade now. I would not travel without one. In the past I have used black and white marine type units as the display on the automobile units are too small for my aged eyes. I recently bought a 276C Plus which works very well as a marine unit or an auto routing unit in your vehicle. I believe Garmin makes the best products.

4. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have a 2610 older model and you might find it on closeout. love it. keep it updated and current map about every 3 years and you'll never get lost. motordoc

5. birdshooter

birdshooter TS Member

red barron,

While I am pretty good with most things (including maps) I am, personally "geographically challenged". I can get lost going down the street.

I bought the Garmin C550 about 9 months ago. I LOVE THIS THING!!! I travel all over the state and never worry about getting to my destination or getting home.

I researched like crazy before I bought something. Looked at all the brands and decided that Garmin was the best of the bunch. I felt that the Navteq maps and Garmin positioning algorithms are superior to the others. In addition my model routes me around traffic jams. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Shoot well (and have a good time getting there!),

birdshooter-

6. 101voodoo

101voodoo TS Member

Trust me, the last thing you need in your car is another female voice telling you where to go.

Jim

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I have the 340 my brother has the more modern version.

Both have the same maps and data.

Anything built or moved in the last 18 months will not be available.

Jacksonville Florida has had a highway building boom the last few years. The Garman will show you driving in a field...

Had a few problems around Orlando.

The northeast I've not had any problems to speak of.

I have a minimum of two dozen clubs locked in.

I would buy another in a heartbeat.

8. Derek

Derek TS Member

Just got the NUVI 310 and the wife says it is the best thing next to sliced bread .

Would not hesitate to recommend a Garmin

Derek

9. Jerry (KS)

Jerry (KS) TS Member

A Friend of mine bought a Tom-Tom and it didn't have some of the streets in Wichita in it's data bank.
    I bought a Garmin Nuvi 350 and I think it's the cat's meow. It's small enough to carry in your shirt pocket and the voice is loud enough for me to hear in the car ( I'm a "little" hard of hearing ). When not plugged into the car the internal battery is good for about 3 hours. Another plus side for me is if I had any troubles the Garman plant is just outside of Kansas City. Garmin has GREAT customer support over the phone.

10. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I just purchased a Lowrance I-Way 250 C. Cabela's and Bass Pro has them on sale for 199.99. Like it so far. Also use it in my bass boat.--Steve

11. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I have the Garmin Nuvi-350 and I love this thing! Type in an address and it directs you to your target. Wish they made one I could use on my trap gun pointing out clay targets!! Hap

12. Jerry (KS)

Jerry (KS) TS Member

I bought my NUVI 350 from FuturePowerPC.com for $438.75......no shipping.

13. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Bought mine at Gander Mountain

14. TKHover

TKHover TS Member

I recently purchased a Garmin Nuvi 660 and I find it to be an excellent unit. My wife has a BMW factory installed navigation system in her car. I thought this was very good until I got the Nuvi. The Garmin blows it out of the water. I also recently drove a new Accura with a factory installed system. Again, the Nuvi is vastly better....much easier to use and more precise. The 660 is more expensive than some units out there. The main reason I spent the extra, besides having some more features (some of which I'll probably never use)is that the 660 has a larger display. I paid a little over $700 from Amazon.com. I also purchased the bean bag mount that just sits on the dash and is very secure an stable. Attaching it to the windshield mount suction cup (supplied with the unit)I found to not work as well because I had to stretch to reach it. The bean bag puts it closer...important since every input is done by touch screen. I will never again pay $2000 dollars for a factory installed system.

15. birdshooter

birdshooter TS Member

rb,
    "IS THERE A CERTAIN MODEL THAT WORKS BETTER FOR THE MONEY".

Hard to say what your needs are. I had specific requirements for functionality and wasn't concerned about price.

If I were you, I would take a moment and go to https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134. Compare the various models you think you will like. Pick a model ... then go to http://www.mysimon.com and search for it. Pick a reputable dealer and go forth.

birdshooter-

16. redix

redix TS Member

I bought a Garmin 330 Street Pilot in June'05 & have used it successfully in OR, NV & CA. Last March, I sent it back to the factory for repair (it wouldn't turn on), & despite the fact that the warranty had expired, they replaced it with a brand new unit that carries the 1-year warranty. Great product & great company.

17. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I know this thread is about garmin BUT I have the Lowerance iWay 500c. Large screen and very user friendly. Updates down loadable from the net. Bought it over the net and couldn't be happier. Jake

18. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

try WWW.GPScity.com. they had the best price. When I bought mine they have a comparison page so you can check the different brands. Garmin replaced my unit because the screen had a dead spot and it was out of warranty also. needed a new cord. they sent on no charge. as far as maps. remember that the map is always one year behind. If you buy the update today it is already one year old. It has to be that way because the mapper people are out making the map are out during the year making the changes and they are released at the end of the year. There are a few mistakes but the have a web page that allows you to write in and tell them the problems. I am looking at updating to a newer unit and really like the one that I have. You also have to go to the web site of the brand that you buy and make sure they are updated. I do like my garmin and recommend the company highly. Motordoc

19. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Holy Cow.........Just had my Garmin C340 delivered yesterday and haven't even had time to play with it.

It should be good though, as Garmin is highly recommended.

Hauxfan!

20. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

garmin NUVI is the way to go. i have two of them. easy to use and my wife loves it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.