1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help for shot & powder calculation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Looks like I'll be doing most of my own reloading for awhile :(

I have 5000 rem sts primers, 15000 sts wads. Only 4 bags of shot, and about 4 lbs of green dot. What do I need to order to fill in to reload 5000 shells....powder (Green Dot) and lead....8's. We order every 3 - 4 months at my club, so I only need to reload to get me over the hump. Thanks to all the math geeks! ;)

2. Diamond Grade

Diamond Grade TS Member

What is your load? If you load shot at one ounce per shell you get 400 shells per 25 lb. bag, now the powder is just as easy. 7000 grs. to a pound, so if you use 18 gr. per shell you get 388 shells per pound. I hope I got it right. Ron

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

You will get 400 shells to the bag if you load one ounce. So you need 13 bags total.

You have enough primers and wads.

You should get about 350 shells to the pound of powder. So you need about 15 pounds total. So buy an 8 pound and a 4 and use up what you have.

IF you load 1& 1/8 ounce you're down to 356 a bag. That will require a total of 16 bags

HM

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ron/HM - You left out something in your calculations. Late at night, after you fill the powder and shot hoppers, some jumps out onto the floor and the reloading press.

Pat Ireland

5. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Pat, not a relative calculation provided she is using a Mec.

6. dverna

dverna Active Member

If using a MEC, factor in a 5% waste factor - unless you have large cookie sheet between it and the bench. If you are as inept as I am, trade it ASAP.

Don

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Do the math, 7000 gr. per lb for powder 355 1 1/8 loads per 25 lb. shot. old standby was 3 lb.s & 3 bags per 1000.

8. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Thank you all! I appreciate the info! I just bought a new in the box 9000G for $125!!!!

9. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

You stole it, girl! Now comes another shooting related addiction....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.