1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need help for friend,,please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mower man, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mower man

mower man TS Member

any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated a very good friend of mine shot a perfect 100 at the mo. state shoot last fall ,he shoots a silver sietz after he broke the 100 straight he trated for a different barrel, and i beleive had choke work done, now he is lucky to brake 65 out of 100 he is going to the eye d0ctor and the doc says eye dominance or somdething to that effect any ideas out there? thank you and have a great daY ......

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

EE, He's a trapshooter!

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

go back to the original barrel!!!!!

tony

4. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Some of you guys (and you know EXACTLY who you are) would actually be pretty good shooters if you quit dicking around with your guns.

JMHO of course.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Based on what you said, there isn't any helping your friend ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

65 out of 100?????? There is more to this than what you know or are saying.

7. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

The information given doesn't seem specific enough for anybody to really be able to offer any great advice. While I doubt it's the gun barrel, patterning it would at least eliminate that as a problem or cause. I'm making an assumption that there were no stock or fitting changes.

If it's an eye dominance issue then the information about what is happening needs to be a lot more specific. Is he seeing two beads, is he switching to his left eye, does his sighting eye have good crisp vision, etc, etc. Get some more info and you'll get some more thoughts.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If he had an eye dominance problem it's likely he would have gotten the 65 last fall. Sounds like the gun to me, which isn't anywhere near as scary as an eye problem. I'd start tracking that original barrel down as soon as he comes back from the eye doctor. Good luck.

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Bad case of rectal/cranial inversion,,,,,,,,,,there's no cure,,,

10. Single Shooter

Single Shooter TS Member

I don't really know what to say to help but that really sucks...not just the score but also getting a new barrel on a gun that doesnt help you.

Sorry

Zach

11. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

As crazy as this sounds, the barrel could be crooked. Leo had a student several years ago that had been shooting for 14 years and never broken a 25 so he signed up for a clinic. Leo always does a gun fit session as part of the class. When he looked down the guy's barrel, it went off to the side! The barrel had been bought new, from the factory and from the looks of the rest of the gun, never abused. Never hurts to have someone else take a look.

12. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.