1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEED HELP FINDING A PART!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

HELLO:
    i need your help. i have small hands, and i have always had a problem reaching the trigger on my rem 870. someone mentioned that southwest shooters supply had a product that you can attach a wedge of some kind to the pistol grip. i emailed them and had no response. a guy at the gun club called them and they don't have the product. anybody know who sells this type of product? this has been a big problem for me, including starting to flinch. do any of you have this problem? how did you correct it?
    steve balistreri

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Steve the only solution I have found to this. Wenig, call them ask them to make the trigger to grip length shorter on one of their semi inletted stocks. Adding a spacer to the grip area will only fource your hand to kreep up the back of the reciever. I a sense you will be reaching down to the trigger instead of out to it, also your grip will not be as firm. Your thumb will not wrap around as well with the added mass at the grip. I had this problem with my wife. Until I got the Wenig with reduced trigger to grip length. <a href="http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t196/jrm7800/?action=view&current=100_0040.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. senior smoke

maclellan 1911- thanks for your response. that pistol grip on the shotgun you took a picture of, would fit me really well.
    steve

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Senior- Try this, it is not too late. When you go to bed, put some granules of good 10-10-10 fertilizer under your nails. By Spring, your fingers should be longer. I absolutely do not want to discuss using this method to make any other body parts longer.

I am always happy to give advice to other shooters.

Pat Ireland

PS- Any stock fitter can cut off 1/4 inch from the neck of the stock and re-inlet the stock. The job is not difficult.

5. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I purchased several stick-on grip adaptors thru Brownell's some years ago. They were available in two sizes, 3/8" & 1/2", as I recall. You'll have to call the Brownell's Tech Center for specific information and availability, but they did work for my uses.

Kip

6. senior smoke

r. kipling-thanks.
    steve

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Pat,

You have to stop drinking that cheap rye whiskey. HMB

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Pat Ireland I tried doing that in my underwear and it did not work for length or girth but got really hairy area w/lots of tight curls, extremely long hairs.

Dr.Longshot
    Gary Bryant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.