1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help. Dan from Giacomo's. Contact #?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by juststartin', Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Need Help. Dan from Giacomo

I have tried to call Giacomo's directly. Monday I left a message. Last two days they don't have the message machine recording. Need to contact Dan. Any assistance would be a great help...

2. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I called Giacomo Sporting and got a hold of Dan's wife in the afternoon this past Monday. Dan was out of the office on Monday.

I always call in the afternoons.

3. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

While I haven't had a need to contact them lately, here is an e-mail address that worked for me:dan@giacomosportingusa.com

Allen

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have left 2 messages within the past 6 weeks. No return phone calls from them yet.

5. Shotgun5

Shotgun5 Member

If you know whats good for you stay away and save your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I have emailed them 3 times and called the phone # twice from their web contact info during the last 3 weeks. NO CONTACT. This is a hell of a way to run a business-it is a going out of business move!

7. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have used Dan and gang numerous times over the years. Service has always been top-notch! Around 8 weeks ago, I called a Giacomo's and talked with a lady over the phone. I told her the exact Sporting gun I wanted, and I wanted Dan to fit me at the Grand. This was a custom order, and to the tune of $12K. She told me that Dan was away and he handled the gun quotes. She got my name and number, and told me that Dan would be in touch.

A week and a half Dan called back. I was meeting with a customer and couldn't answer phone. Dan left a voicemail. I returned call within an hour to get Giacomo's answering machine. Left detailed message. No return phone call for 2 weeks. I called Giacomo's again - received answering machine. I left another message. Still no return phone call, and that was 4 weeks ago.

I have heard the horror stories regarding factory Perazzi service, so I have always used Giacomo's in the past for repairs. This issue has really raised some concerns with me. I don't care much for the looks, handling, or design of the Krieghoff......but they are looking better all the time.

8. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I think they must be going out of business and they were the "Best" place to get P gun service! Now where to go for service?

9. MOP

MOP Active Member

They were the best when Giacomo was there.

10. joehunter

joehunter Member

They are best place for service that is why they are busy,they are behind in work because they were at the pa state shoot and they went on vacation. It is only Dan and Doug doing all the work. When Giacomo was there, there was Allen, who sadly passed away, Dan and Doug plus Giacomo. They are trying to get caught up before they leave for the Grand. I talked to Dan on Friday when I called the shop.

Joey

11. WTW

WTW Member

IF you had seen the line at the Pa. State shoot I don't think you would say they are going out of business.
    I have always received good service and never did they not return a phone call.
    I'm sure they have more than they are able to handle at this moment. Hope you all get your problems solved soon.

Ted

12. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Also, while Giacomo's is sort of the "official" east coast Perazzi shop, there are plenty of other places who can order the gun you want, made to your specs. And there are plenty of qualified gunsmiths to work on your existing Perazzi, even factory authorized. Believe me I get the desire to go to Giacomo's. I feel fortunate that I got to meet "the man" at the Ca state shoot a few years ago. We are lucky to have PUSA within driving distance so we don't have to deal with shipping. Good luck in whatever you do.

13. ONEDOLLARBILL

ONEDOLLARBILL Member

All my dealings with them have been the Best ! Never a hitch but if your in a Hurry Id say maybe youll have to wait ! Good Things take time I am willing to wait !

14. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

Who is the 2nd best P gun service gunsmith- someone who will return phone calls and emails and do a good job? After 6 attempts of contacting this organization w/o a reply to me,I want someone who values my business! Thanks

15. sidetrack

sidetrack Member

I would not send any gun to Dan for repairs or a shoe shine.With his poor attitude and can do no wrong,plus tell more than two customers someone else worked on there guns when it would not even fire upon recieving gun after a complete rebuild.
    Better off to send somewhere other than Giacomo's.

Jeff Hyde

16. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

I strongly agree, when he first took over, he was fine, now they are totally impossible to deal with. If he doesen't want my money, I am sure there is somebody else who does (and would provide decent customer service). ANY ONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS WHO ELSE THEY USE. I have used Philips Gunsmithing and Gun smithing Ltd (Mitch Schultz). Both places have provided excellent work and service. However, the major problem is that they are not authorized dealers, therefore, getting parts can sometime be an issue. Any feedback or reccomendations.

17. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

I started a similar thread back in May. I was happy with the work they did but their interaction with customers could use some work.

18. SMITH47

SMITH47 Member

Two that i have personal experience with and trust are:

Doug Braker

Rich Cole (authorized dealer)

both have internet sites and can handle ANY perazzi issue ?

19. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

In defense of Dan, I received a reply email from him next day. I'm looking forward to meeting him @ Sparta and having him do my gunsmith work.

20. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

If Dan were a smart businessman, he should read the postings on TS.com to get a take as to how is viewed by an increasing number of shooters!I'm sure this is something he can correct and bring the business back to greatness!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.