1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help Custom 1100 ForeArm

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 4EVRYOUNG, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Just got this 1100 with this style forearm, freind took it out and shot it said it came apart. Did he not tighten allen screw enough or is there a secret to it?
    4evryoung_2010_12012.jpg

[​IMG]

I haven't even touched it,theses pictures are all I have.

2. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

3. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

Do you know who made the stock and fore end, looks like quality work. Thanks Philip

4. BigDave1200

BigDave1200 Member

That is a great looking gun! Did you put the forearm back on and try and tighten the allen bolt? If so, did it seem secure? If it is secure, I would try and shoot it again but check it after a few round to see if it loosened up again. If it loosens up again, it may just need some loctite. Not a lot of pictures to go by but it would appear that the allen bolt was designed to replace the fore end nut.

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Several years ago saw a forearm like that on another 1100 and could have sworn the owner told me it was a Timney Recoil Reduction system. Not personally thinking the 1100 needed any reduction in recoil at that time I did not ask about the inner workings. It was a distinctive forearm and not a reworked factory part though.

6. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

Well I got my hands on it today for the first time and I think it is going to shoot great. The forearm screww into a weight the goes into the magizine tube that is the roll pinned into place. The pin was missing as we looked at it more.

I wish I knew who did the stock but don't. I say this on GB for what I thought was to cheap so had to have it(1025).

The gentalman knew that the barrel and rib were Simmons and not much else it was his Grandfathers gun and had been in storage for the last 15 years, to see the gunk inside he wasn't wrong about that. It has I swear the finest trigger of almost anygun I have shot period including some Jewell rifle triggers.

Wit all the knowledge on here I may post some pictures of the stock and see if anyone knows who's work it is.

Thanks for the help if something else goes wrong I will ask again and will try and get some more photo's up as well.

Jeff

7. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I think this to be an early gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.