1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Help, BT 99 Forearm

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by BUFFALO SOLDIER, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUFFALO SOLDIER

BUFFALO SOLDIER Member

0   0   0

I have a BT 99 High Grade with as you know it has the beaver tail forearm, well my issue is the screws in the forearm coming lose, Finally the forearm cracked, I can send it to Browning and it will disappear in the black hole. I was wondering if anyone has one for sale or has anyone had a Competion style forearm for the older model BT's fitted or made for the newer BT99 (2006).
    Jim

2. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

0   0   0

I would have a local gunsmith with a good reputation for repairing wood look at it. If its not broken in half a qualified smith should be able to fix this without a problem.

Jason in PA

3. workahillic

workahillic TS Member

0   0   0

I had a crack in mine from the same problem. I used a small pine wedge to open the crack. Only enough to use a small needle to spread gorilla glue in the crack. I clamped it over night to dry. Then I drilled out the screw and put in a threaded brass insert. Works as good as new.

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

0   0   0

Be adivsed that forearms will not be interchangable even among identical models of BT's without fitting.

5. arend003

arend003 Member

0   0   0

had the same issue with my forearm and the cure was a threaded insert and small machine screw hasn't come lose again in over two years now. As to the crack I can't offer any advise .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.