1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help! Birth certificate

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Need help guys! Don't need to give you the long story, but need to procure a birth certificate and Social Security card for child to enroll in school. What is the proper and fastest way to get these documents as the originals were lost in a move! Help! Tom Rhoads

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Call your President and ask.

The White House
    1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
    Washington, DC 20500

202-456-1111

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Try to contact someone in Hawaii.

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

You have to go to the DEPARTMENT OF VITAL RECORDS in the State that Your daughter was born, if you are not sure how to do this type into your BROWSER the State of you choosing example " Department of Vital Records PA. " and go from there, I just did it in Pa. to get a passport, and if you happen to be Military or X Military it is Free

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Not sure in your state but you might start at the childs birth town health dep't. Social Security administration for the SS card.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

after your search as I suggested above, make sure you go to the official state site there are a lot of companys out there that will come up in that same search also and will charge you a nice penny for the service if you dont choose the right one.

7. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Thanks Guys! Tom Rhoads

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The court house in the birth town should have the record. The first one I got was 50 cents. The last one my Granddaughter got was 8 dollars.

Your local SS office should be able to do the number.

HM

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The birth certificate should be available at the county court house; county in which she was born and any SS office should be able to fix you up with a new SS card.....Bob Dodd

10. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

In Tennessee it seems it is easier to get Death Certificates than Birth Certificates. Live in Chattanooga and had to go to Nashville to get the birth certificates we needed (for my wife, stepson, and myself). You could order them with a credit card by e-mail or telephone but the charge for this service was unreal.

DoubleAuto

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I had to do this awhile back. Start with the BC, you can do this on-line through a couple of outfits, a google search will get you started. I had my certificate the next day via Fed Ex. Then you have to do the dreaded visit to the SS office. Call today and make an appointment or expect to spend the entire day in the waiting room. Good luck.

12. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

If that doesn`t work , try the hospital where the child was born . Marrage Certificates may be obtained from the town hall records where the wedding was performed should anyone need them at any time .

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

To get a SS card you'll get a form to fill out and mail.

14. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

State Department of Vital Records :) Kim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.